Strut brace and insurance

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Renaud

M roadster S54

Strut brace and insurance

Post by Renaud »

Hello Chaps,

Still fairly new to the forum and Z ownership, so excuse me if this has been covered before, even though I couldn't find the specific question/answer on a search.

I have insured my new ZMR with RH insurance, its listed as standard with no modifications. Its only now that I have thought about, that the Strut brace is non standard:

So should I be contacting the insurers to notify them of the Strut, or is this an insignificant change to the car?

Thanks

R

Ps:

Thanks to Pistonheads and the previous owner, Alan, for the photo from the advert.
peterandjenny

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by peterandjenny »

yes you should as some insurers will void cover unless told
while others will not even insure when told !
Had to pay for different wheels even thought they are not covered.
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

I made sure mine was listed on the insurance just in case, and paid extra for it. You may well find your insurer doesn't actually know what one is. Mine didn't!
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

There is a 13mm spanner in the boot so if you crash the car you could remove the brace and throw it into the nearest field :wink: Problem over.
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
siwilson

M roadster S54

Post by siwilson »

Deano1712 wrote:There is a 13mm spanner in the boot so if you crash the car you could remove the brace and throw it into the nearest field :wink: Problem over.
Unless you are in hospital. The last thing you want is your Insurance company getting out of paying on a technicality. The bigger the prang, the more you need them to pay out and that is exactly when they get 'interested' in finding ways to get out of paying.

IMO not worth it. Tell them or take it off.
Renaud

M roadster S54

Post by Renaud »

Hello All,

Thanks for the advice.

I spoke to RH insurance, they couldn't of been more helpful. They are going to send out an amendment to the policy, detailing the fact that the car has a Strut Brace, but this will not affect the pricing at all, not even an administration fee.

So far, I'm very impressed with RH insurance and their very cheap, just hope I never need to use them!

Happy Christmas,

R