Dash lights

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
nicks3

blank.gif

Dash lights

Post by nicks3 »

I have just purchased a z3m roadster. Should the heater controls/ac button light up along with the dash lights as mine dont. I have checked the fuses which are all OK.

Any advice would be appreciated.
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

yep it should all light up
the badness makes me do it...!

aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

The heater control bulbs are an absolute b!tch to get to, you have to remove one or both of the side panels and squeeze your hand in to the back of the panel and pull them out. Ther are two on the back of the heater panel one on the drivers side and one in the middle plus and this one is usually missed there is one burried in the underside of the panel on the passenger side. The bulbs can only be bought from BMW also as they are in a special holder and at around £7 a pop not cheap. :(
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

This Knowledge Base thread will help :wink:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8878
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Hi and welcome

As Aceman has said they are a real PITA to replace.

The alternative to going from the sides is to remove the radio, pull the knobs off the heater control, remove the securing screws and rotate the heater controls to get to the bulbs through the radio aperture. It's really a three handed job so having someone to help makes it a lot easier - my wife is getting quite used to being the helper. :D
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
nicks3

blank.gif

Post by nicks3 »

ok, Ill check the bulbs. Should the ac button light up on a 2001 Z3M?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

nicks3 wrote:ok, Ill check the bulbs. Should the ac button light up on a 2001 Z3M?
Only when on
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
nicks3

blank.gif

Post by nicks3 »

That's strange (you can't see it in the dark to switch on) but good as it means it's just my heater bulbs that need attention!!!!! Thanks.
nicks3

blank.gif

Post by nicks3 »

Great instructions everyone, thanks. Bulbs removed with the help of the how to which was perfect. Collecting new ones tomorrow as the 2 originals were burned out with a black/mirrored type of finish!