S50B32 Double Vanos Rattle Repair kit and replacement seals

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
aj2007

M roadster S50

S50B32 Double Vanos Rattle Repair kit and replacement seals

Post by aj2007 »

All

For some time now I have been communicating with Rajaie of Beisan Systems in the states. Rajaie has spent the last couple of years developing a cure for the vanos rattle/growl on the S50B32 Double Vanos engine used in the E36 M3/M Roadster/M Coupe, and has now finally brought his fix to market along with improved replacement vanos seals made from Viton/Teflon.
Rajaie, who already supplies seal kits to Dr Vanos in the states has asked if I would help spread the word about his new vanos rattle fix.

Details of all Beisan products and also procedures for DIY fitting can be found at the links below:

http://www.beisansystems.com/products
http://www.beisansystems.com/procedures

Please spread the word around the various forums to fellow ///M owners, Rajaie is a very knowledgeable guy and always happy to help. You can contact him via his website where he also runs a vanos forum.

Cheers
Ade
Last edited by aj2007 on Sat 14 Jul, 2012 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Re: S50B32 Double Vanos Rattle Repair kit and replacement se

Post by chrisp_1 »

Dr Vanos did an exchange unit on my car a couple hundred miles ago, not sure on the details of the improvements they made to the unit but apparently it's unlikely to give any further issues [sounds lovely BTW] - funnily enough BMW did their business at very low miles [circa20K, new bolts etc] but still needed treatment at 58,000 :?
Tilly

M roadster S50

Post by Tilly »

chrisp_1 wrote:Dr Vanos did an exchange unit on my car a couple hundred miles ago, not sure on the details of the improvements they made to the unit but apparently it's unlikely to give any further issues [sounds lovely BTW] - funnily enough BMW did their business at very low miles [circa20K, new bolts etc] but still needed treatment at 58,000 :?
I had two replacement units from Dr Vanos. First had to go back within a year because faulty seals( their admission). The second suffered a major internal part failure, within another six months( didn't even bother to sent that one back) Less than 10,000 miles between the first replacement and the BMW supplied final one and an awful lot of diagnostic testing and replacement parts since it was felt the new vanoses had to be OK. Had the BMW replacement unit fitted about 200 miles ago, At the present time all appears to be working very well.

Just for the record, every time the car is driven it is thoroughly warmed before going above 3000 r.p.m. .
///Martijn

BMW convertible

Post by ///Martijn »

hello
I just found out about this thread. My mechanic just ordered the repairkit (both seals and Rattle) from Beisan for my S50B32 engine. I cannot wait for it to be installed and feel the result on the engine. It will be in about 2 weeks.
My engine suffered the errorcode for Vanos Intake/outtake and serious performance issues under 2500 rpm as well as higher MPG.
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

///Martijn wrote:hello
I just found out about this thread. My mechanic just ordered the repairkit (both seals and Rattle) from Beisan for my S50B32 engine. I cannot wait for it to be installed and feel the result on the engine. It will be in about 2 weeks.
My engine suffered the errorcode for Vanos Intake/outtake and serious performance issues under 2500 rpm as well as higher MPG.
how much did he quote to fix it with the kit?
the badness makes me do it...!