Worst Onomatopoeia - Crack. Rear windows and cold weather!

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Worst Onomatopoeia - Crack. Rear windows and cold weather!

Post by tags »

Watch out with the weather. It caught me out today. I dropped the top and "CRACK".....

I now have a lovely crack in my back window. I have driven this ///M in all weathers and always made sure that the roof only went down when the window had warmed up and for 8 years I have lived by that rule. However, today I forgot.

I have decided to consider replacing my roof completely. Has anybody recently replaced thiers in the northwest. I am looking for recommendations and rough cost if anyone can help.

THe problem in the meantime, should I put a bit of clear gorilla tape on or should i stick the hard top on :roll:

Tags
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Worst Onomatopoeia - Crack. Rear windows and cold weathe

Post by g8jka »

tags wrote:I have decided to consider replacing my roof completely. Has anybody recently replaced thiers in the northwest. I am looking for recommendations and rough cost if anyone can help.
Not in the Northwest, but going to Soft Tops in Croydon on Saturday to have a replacement roof fitted. Cost, £350 fully fitted and come in black or blue.

Will post pictures up when its done, although with this rubbish weather forecast for the next few weeks still then the hardtop should really go back on :cry:
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Worst Onomatopoeia - Crack. Rear windows and cold weathe

Post by Gazza »

Bex (Calbens) had hers done recently, she's in Wigan area.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage