On a positive note.

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

On a positive note.

Post by tags »

Besides my window cracking today. I got the car MOT'd. It passed. I did notice that the MOT certificate now shows your previious mileage back to 2010. Shamefully, my ///M shows it was MOT'd in 2010 with 29K on the clock and 2013 shows 33K. I did 100 mikles in the last 12 months and 200 of those were in the last week.

I had an inspection 1 done the other week and did a retest on the mpg. I drove brim to brim a mixture of fast motorway and normal roads and I am getting 23mpg.

Final note, i replaced my 2 rear Goodyear F1 Eagles with 2 new Goodyear F1 eagles. THe tyres were bought through mytyres.co.uk and delivery took nearly 2 weeks. I then found out they had come from Germany. MY old F1 Eagles said made in germany on the tye. The new ones say made in china. Does anyone think they are fakes?

Tags
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: On a positive note.

Post by Gazza »

Goodyear use both Germany and China for manufacture.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

tags wrote:I did 100 mikles in the last 12 months and 200 of those were in the last week.
200 of the 100, that's impressive :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Eagle F1 GSD3 are (were) made in several countries. They are not fake, but different countries produce different rubber compounds to suit their weather, which may or may not be approved for use in the UK.
I went through this a few years ago and I can't find the relevant paperwork just now, but I think USA and China made are ok for UK use, but Thai made isn't.
An internet search should reveal a fair bit of history on this.

A.
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

It's illegal to sell anything into the UK that hasn't been approved so no worries.
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

tags wrote:
Final note, i replaced my 2 rear Goodyear F1 Eagles with 2 new Goodyear F1 eagles. THe tyres were bought through mytyres.co.uk and delivery took nearly 2 weeks. I then found out they had come from Germany. MY old F1 Eagles said made in germany on the tye. The new ones say made in china. Does anyone think they are fakes?

Tags
this is good news, my MOT is due and I suspect it's going to have to be some new tyres (that's not good news) - I thought I wouldn't be able to get the F1s any more, will check out mytyres.

ren
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

gookah wrote:
tags wrote:I did 100 mikles in the last 12 months and 200 of those were in the last week.
200 of the 100, that's impressive :D

Well spotted, iPads are rubbish for typing quick on. I meant to say 1000 miles and 200 in that very week.

You can still get the Goodyear F1 eagles but be warned, don't expect them next day. Mine took 10 days to come from Germany.

I suspect they are nw superseded by tyres with energy ratings for fuel consumption and noise rating. This tyre is well before those silly green to red pyramid signs.

Check out mytyres.co.uk. I paid £236 for 2 x 245/40/17. Then I paid extra £10 each for fitting.

Tags
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

tags wrote:
You can still get the Goodyear F1 eagles but be warned, don't expect them next day. Mine took 10 days to come from Germany.

I suspect they are nw superseded by tyres with energy ratings for fuel consumption and noise rating. This tyre is well before those silly green to red pyramid signs.

Check out mytyres.co.uk. I paid £236 for 2 x 245/40/17. Then I paid extra £10 each for fitting.

Tags
It looks like I could get the rear GSD3s - 245/40/17 but not the more common fronts (225/45/17) so if I do have to replace - zed is in for MOT tomorrow so I shall know the awful truth soon enough - I think I'll got with the F1 Asymmetrical 2s.

The cheapest place I've found so far seems to be Camskill.

ren
**Z3**

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by **Z3** »

I've never used these eagle tyres any good? I'm currently using continental pro sport 5 on the rear and 3's on the front until they wear out and then intend to go to 5's. I've found them great so far has anyone else tried them know which are better?
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

The good news is that I don't need any new tyres, and not even an advisory which is great news.

I really liked the GSD3s; I had them on my previous Z. When I got this one the previous owner had some tyres I'd never heard of - I think the brand was Mitchell or something like that - on, and had only driven a few miles in the car since getting it. I could see why, even the test drive (in the dry) was unnerving. I had them put new F1s on straight away and all was fine.

Thanks everyone for your help

ren
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

When I first put Goodyear eagle f1 on the ///M, it was about 6 years ago and that was the tyre most recommended back then.

I don't know why, but the rear tyres have worn down after about 14k miles but the fronts still have about 4-5 mm tread :D

So for that reason I replaced the rears for the ones that had worn.

Tags
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

The rears always wear quicker...acceleration takes it's toll...You should always have the best tyres up front though, because that's where the main braking forces are. But to increase the life of the tyres, you really should move the back ones up front and the fronts back evry 3000 miles or there-abouts...But on the subject of the Eagle F1's, they're a soft tyre, and give a really comfortable ride, which is preferable to a longer tyre life for some. I like them hugely, but if not the Eagles, then Michellin are my choice. Only issue with the Michellin is the cost..about 2 times that of the Eagles, and I prefer new rubber more often than less often - within reason of course.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Southernboy wrote: But to increase the life of the tyres, you really should move the back ones up front and the fronts back evry 3000 miles or there-abouts...
Can't do that with wider rear tyres.... and different offset wheels

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

..UNLUCKY.... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »