Mroadster coolant?

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Mroadster coolant?

Post by Z3cade »

Hi peeps..

Having the coolant and brake fluid changed tomorrow and wanted to know what off the shelf coolant is ok for the S50?

Its got car plan 'blue' coolant in it at the moe.. From when it was changed 2 years ago

Cheers, Liam
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Mroadster coolant?

Post by Gazza »

I think mine is Blue
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Went for the car plan blue again, that's what was listed for it at local auto store ;)
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I always use the BMW stuff. I know that it's expensive, but it is exclusively formulated for alloy engines and is not a "jack of all trades" product.

I suppose that any coolant that is specifically for alloy engines will do the job.
Pingu
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

I have a mk7 golf as a company car,previously I had the mark6 and before that two Toyota Avensis.I cover 40k miles pa and all the cars have lost coolant.I can't claim the cost on my expenses,I take the hit.0.5l from poundland every time.Never had a problem in 400k+ miles covered in ten years with 4 cars.Don't waste your hard earned for a label.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

It's about the corrosion to the engine, that's why you have to be careful.

I put the best fuilds in my car.

You can keep your poundland stuff.

The 'BEAST' 666
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I just take mine to BMW and have the correct fluids put in. Peace of mind at the end of the day.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

I'm not paying bmw prices @£100+ph..
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Buy the fluids from bmw and do the work yourself

The 'BEAST' 666
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

I've just had inspection 1 service, brake and coolant change plus MOT and after ringing round a couple of BMW independants, BMW themselves were around 60 quid dearer, ok 60 quid is 60 quid. My local BMW dealer do reduced service rates for cars over 4 years old so still prefer to use them, plus they park the Zed away from other cars as I leave it with them for the day, peace of mind for me :lol:

Used to do my own servicing years ago, but simply can't be bothered getting the old hands dirty now :wink:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

I fully understand people buying Product with a BMW label attached.It offers peace of mind,an assurance of quality but let's not forget BMW don't manufacture engine coolant,they buy-in and re-brand.It's easy for me to use poundland for the Company Car because,well,it's not my car.However,400K miles over 10 years,no issues despite various horror stories on the internet that would put you off.If it's sold in the Uk,it's fit for purpose.As for £100+ an hour labour for a BMW dealership? My corner garage charges £45+VAT and will negotiate if we're talking hundreds of pounds.They always do a good job.We have a 17 yr zed,maybe £2.5K car, and spend accordingly.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

geminimustang wrote:... let's not forget BMW don't manufacture engine coolant,they buy-in and re-brand.
Agreed 100%, but until I know who their supplier is I'll use the correct stuff and distilled water.
Pingu