The evenings are getting darker, time to...

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Kornknarr

M roadster S50

The evenings are getting darker, time to...

Post by Kornknarr »

...plan what to do the coming winter in the garage.

Last year I did shift pins, all the bushings in the rear, welded in Randy Forbes kit, put new insulation to the tank straps, renovated the front calipers, changed rotors all around, renovated the differential + some more things.

This is the list for the coming garage-season:

Renovate the vanos with the Beisan systems kit.
Renovate the rear calipers.
Get a new antenna instead of the **** the PO put there.
Change the bushings in the trailing arms back to original (I put polyurethane there and the squeaking is driving me nuts).
Clutch Valve Delete (or rather changing the tube to one from a 3.0 without constraints).
Renovate the wheels.
Get new mats and magnetic stone guards.
Hopefully get enough money to have my bumbers sprayed professionally (tried to do it myself and the result is not satisfactory).

So hopefully even better looking next year:

Who wouldn't like to be overtaken by this sane looking gentleman in his best years? :roll:

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: The evenings are getting darker, time to...

Post by TitanTim »

Will wait until November and the Z4 will be put away for winter and out with the Z3 :|

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

I'm going to get my tool out and give it a good polishing. :lol: 8-)

The 'BEAST' 666
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

TitanTim wrote:Will wait until November and the Z4 will be put away for winter and out with the Z3 :|

Tim.
TitanTim wrote:Will wait until November and the Z4 will be put away for winter and out with the Z3 :D :thumb: :drive

Tim.
corrected that for you Tim,.... you shouldn't be indifferent bringing Basil out to play.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Talk of winter already!? What's up with ya all...
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Z3cade wrote:Talk of winter already!? What's up with ya all...

Nights are drawing in now, its going dark at 9:15pm and was only 23 degrees today :roflmao:
...... soon be christmas

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

It's not dark here........yet :roflmao:
Kornknarr

M roadster S50

Post by Kornknarr »

8th of august. It's tolerable to drive the roadster here in september and maybe a week into october... That gives me one and a half month more...

The difference between the never-ending summer nights and the rapidly darkening autumn nights are quite noticeable... :(

So y'all that live in the sunny south - have compassion!

:D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

9th of August...I've noticed the days lengthening here...only gets dark at around 6.30pm...that's about 30 mins difference to mid winter...and it's 23C here today....I can only say that I have a couple of "Spring" things to to Scarab...Remove the center console and do a thorough annual clean-up / check all the wiring for any suspect issues / clean all parts / bruch and clean carpet at the trim boudary / remove seats and vacuum / remove window glass and clean inside doors / sound insulate doors / lube doorlocks / thorough cleaning of the doorcards and leather treat / vacuum out folding roof well area and polish window on inside.
In the engine bay:- fit new Bosch 4 hole injectors / clean engine area below intake manifold whilst the injector job is being done / general clean-up and polish of the engine and ancilliaries.
Mechanical & bodywork:- re-fit my OEM springs....I've had it with front spoiler & bumper issues / remove side sills and have the low suspension dings removed and respray / Have front bumper repaired and resprayed / driver door has 2 small parking dents to be repaired.
Performance:- finally have the car re-mapped after all the mods done (intake manifold, airfilter, exhaust system, new injectors)

By which time it should be getting close to mid spring and just in time to enjoy unfettered topless driving for the next 6 - 7 months........So yes, I do think of you guys and what you have to anticipate soon enough...get out there and enjoy every opportunity to indulge the reasons you have a Z roadster!! :sunny
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Kornknarr

M roadster S50

Post by Kornknarr »

Southernboy - we ought to set up a business where we can spend May through September in Sweden and October trough April at your place :-)

I have been to some places around Stellenbosch; Knysna; Grahamstown; Mpumalanga; along the Cape coast etc, etc where I wouldn't mind driving around with the top down...
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Yep...it is great driving country isn't it. I've just come in from a short run to the gas station and to pick up some supplies...roof down, and a feeling of Spring in the warmth of the sun. A truly beaut day with an unblemished blue hemisphere above. :cheers
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Shortly after I joined this forum there was a brilliant thread from another Scandinavian chap (Norway?) where he had used the long winter nights to completely renovate the whole underside of his car including the rear boot welds and all the brakes. It made quite an impression on me at the time as the car underside (also a Z3M Estoril Blue) was completely spotless and looked new – a concours job. I’ve often tried to find the thread again but with no luck. There must be something about the long Scandinavian nights that makes a chap turn to his spanners. :D
Kornknarr

M roadster S50

Post by Kornknarr »

It does. I must say that the hobby that these cars have come to be to me is making me for the first time to long for winter :-) A chance to get into the garage and grab a spanner :-)

I did that last year and after changing all the bushings, welding in Randys kit, shift pins etc this was how it looked: