How to price The Yella Fella?

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Batchem1

M roadster S50

How to price The Yella Fella?

Post by Batchem1 »

I'd appreciate your thoughts, please, on pricing and advertising my 1999 Dakar Yellow Z3M Roadster - there are pictures posted elsewhere on here or I can repost them if that helps the process.
I had originally intended to keep him till next summer, but a change of plans means I need the garage space earlier.
He's a sound, original car with 58000 miles on the clock. Body and paintwork really very good apart from a couple of little chips on the nose (which the previous owner seems to have touched in with Dulux!). Interior good, a few cracks/scuffs in the leather but nothing serious, and the hood which I treated back in April is also good. There's a 6 cd stack in the boot, a boot rack and the BMW bright yellow cloth car cover.
When I bought the car in April it had a good service record up to 3 years previously, since when it had covered a few hundred miles but not been touched. I took it to Emtech in Salisbury for a fluids change and a thorough vetting, and it came back with a glowing report. Just after that I had 2 new front Contis fitted. The rear tyres are OK.
The registration number is now S3 TYF (being the nearest I could get to Z3, and The Yella Fella).
I appreciate that October may not be the best time to be marketing a sporty little convertible, but needs must.
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Re: How to price The Yella Fella?

Post by Z3cade »

Prices are on the up.. Yellow are rare too.

It depends how desperate you are to sell really.. ?

Prices range between 8-13k all depends on there condition and history IMO
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Batchem1

M roadster S50

Post by Batchem1 »

Thanks - my uncertainty about its value is because of the service history.
Having a gap of 3 years in the service book, even though it did very few miles in that time and subsequently checked out very well, could be a concern.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

IIRC there have been a couple for sale this year, yours and another. Having just bought the car in April you will kind of know the market price I.e. What you paid for it. I know you have serviced the car and put tyres on the front but that in itself will not increase the price, it is just part and parcel of maintaining the car.

It is a shame you are having to sell and as you have said at the wrong end of the year too :head: GLWS.