Test or not to test

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Tilly

M roadster S50

Test or not to test

Post by Tilly »

I started thinking, over a nice port at Christmas, that the two Zeds would need new MOTs in the New Year. Checking the current certificates showed one was due on 14th Feb and the other 24th Feb. In reading I also noticed that to preserve the anniversary of the expiry date the earliest I could take the car was one month before the current certificate expired.

So yesterday I took the ZM in for its test. No problems and it passed with flying colours, the tester even commented on the good condition of a 17 year old car. I asked if the new expiry date would be 15th Feb 2015 and he replied that since the test certificate was generated online he had no control. Paid my discounted £35, OAP discount, and drove home. However, when I was putting the certificate in the file I noticed that the expiry date was 21st Jan 2015.

Had a little rant until my wife pointed out that I had taken the wrong bloody car. It was her car’s MOT that expired on 14th. Mine expired on 24th and since that was more than one month away the new certificate started on 22nd Jan. Took her Zed in today and it passed with flying colours and her new certificate expires on 15th Feb 2015.

I am never going to live this one down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trevsky

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Test or not to test

Post by Trevsky »

Never mind. Have another glass of port and relax.