Alarm/remote key issues

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Chazzy

M roadster S50

Alarm/remote key issues

Post by Chazzy »

I'm having issues with my remote locking....well since I've had the car, I've never used the remote locking as it just seems to set the alarm off and then it's incredibly difficult to stop it from going off again. I've read it could be the sensors?

Any ideas?
Rocketbike

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Alarm/remote key issues

Post by Rocketbike »

I hadn't used my key fobs for a couple of years as it locked me out and kept going off when I did us them. Last week it started going off just for a second or so occasionally at any time, even while I was driving. Turns out there was water in the siren connection causing the problem, following my OCD underbonnet clean. I've disconnected the siren as it as it turns out the alarm is an aftermarket fitment and I shall just carry on using the keys. This might be an option for you. I'd just assumed it was a factory fit alarm and remote locking. In my experiece with bikes, aftermarket alarms just become a liability after four or five years, so sixteen on mine wasn't bad
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Alarm/remote key issues

Post by Robert T »

There are two BMW alarms on UK zeds. The early type has a separate fob, whilst the later type has the buttons on the key. Which type do you have?

Common faults are bonnet switch, stereo anti-theft switch, door switches and water in the tilt switch in the left hand boot well. Problems with the interior movement sensors can be checked for by disabling them when you set the alarm - early type you push the LED button, later type you press the lock button a second time.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc