Z3M dealer warranty

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Boysie

M roadster S50

Z3M dealer warranty

Post by Boysie »

i have just renewed my warranty, what a price increase incredible but peace of mind ( i think)
i was quite happy with service price ( well sort of they are trying to attract old bmw owners back with a reduced price, always had my bms serviced at bmw dealer) but the warranty well its like having a service every year. I only do about 3-4k miles a year
Do all you Z3m owners renew your warranty or am i alone and folish or even stupid
dutch996s

M roadster S50

Post by dutch996s »

Even £720 is worth the peace of mind IMO.......I had £3000 worth of claims last year......always keep it going cos once gone you won't be able to get it back!
It also includes breakdown cover as well...bonus!
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Wouldnt do without it
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

One thing to note..... they now seem to charge for checking things you think may be faulty & covered under warranty if the check reveals whatever they are checking is OK.
In my case Scotthall checked the vanos & something else then billed me for their time becuase they decided there was no warranty claim to be made becuase those things checked out OK.
Next time I ask to have something checked I'll get a quote for the check 1st.
Warrantys are insurance policies & I think BMW recently switched to new underwriters who have tightened up the rules in addition to increasing the premium from £510 to £720 :x
'High G' motoring enthusiast
ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

YOU pays Yer Money and decide !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

There have been various discussions on Value of Warranties, from GB or other-- "Warranty Direct" Group buy was good value, with cover upto £5000 per claim.Use Search to see the +++ or ------.

I feel that Subject to WD being a Good provider---- a reputation would be built up for Honest treatment to YOU, so that on Resales-- future buyers will be happy with the cover being continued, and it will form a valuable part of a sale. :)
safetyfast