more from HOEN BULBS

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Boysie

M roadster S50

more from HOEN BULBS

Post by Boysie »

Hi
I am beginning to wish i had not started this, after the shipping and packing cost problems with Hoen.
i decided to read :rtm: all about their products so i would not get caught out again not reading their policies, well i discovered that Hoen recommend upgrading the harness on the car when fitting 9005 and 9006 xenonmatch plus line bulbs.
Before i go to far i am not a mechanic/electrician i thought a harness was a kind of support? I assume its the electrical wiring?
Well i decided to contact Hoen via email and this was their reply

The Z3 really needs the added power because its an old lamp design and low to the ground. I would suggest running a harness in 9006 coupled with the 9006 plus bulbs. Its easy to install on the Z3 as the positive terminal is right there in the engine bay (no need to run to the battery).

i am wondering should I keep my existing bulbs
Does this make sense to someone out there :dunce:

There must be a light at the end of this tunnel :head:

Ray
Paul.Stuhlfelder

M roadster S50

Post by Paul.Stuhlfelder »

Yeah, in electrical terms, Harness relates to the actual wiring itself. I'm assuming that the Hoen bulbs are much brighter than the original spec Z3 units, therefore, the new harness will probably consist of much thicker cabling to account for the extra current that the new bulbs will absorb.

If the harness is not replaced, you might come to a situation where the old loom might get very hot, and even fail.
RussJ

M roadster S54

Post by RussJ »

Why not go with the Phillips Vision +?
They are a lot cheaper (£20ish a set) and offer a significant measured improvement, rather than just a change in colour...
See Auto Express for a comparitave review or do a search to find a recent thread on this topic.