Chrome roll bars and Wind deflector

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
drummachine

M roadster S50

Chrome roll bars and Wind deflector

Post by drummachine »

Hi, I posted a question regarding ACS parts, as I am interested in chrome roll bars. Thanks for the replies. I have since found Motormec chrome parts for the Z3 web site, which not only has roll bars, but also a wind deflector which i believe is essential. Here's the questions:

Any views on the quality of these parts?
Has anyone experience of the wind deflector? How do you open the cubby hole top cover, as the deflector appears to restrict this.
Does the wind deflector performance reduce with big holes in the hoops?
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

I have the original black roll bars and black mesh type wind deflector, but yes the perspex wind deflector would restrict access to the top centre storage compartment and yes you would substantially get more wind through the big holes in the hoops. You will also have very restricted or no access to the area behind the seats where the hood folds in when down which you could use for storage when the hood is up using the zip through mesh deflector.

I quite like the chrome roll bars but not sure the prectical disadvantages it has outweighs its only + point which is that it's shiney and looks better. So really up to you to balance pro and cons really! Good luck.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

I prefer the normal black roll bars and standard mesh wind deflector. Can see the attraction of the clear ones though. They look cool too.
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
skinny

M roadster S50

Post by skinny »

Here's mine :P

drummachine

M roadster S50

Post by drummachine »

Nice to know someone has had these items fitted. Did you have the normal BMW deflector proir to this, and can you give me a view on the comparison as per the questions in the original e mail. Thanks
skinny

M roadster S50

Post by skinny »

Mine came with the car but are available through chrome design

http://www.chromdesign.de/eframe.htm
drummachine

M roadster S50

Post by drummachine »

So what do you think to it? i.e do you find it noisy? Im reluctant to spend all that money without some opinions from you guys :) ...
skinny

M roadster S50

Post by skinny »

Not sure wot you mean about noisy?, but it does stop the wind buffing upto about 145 with the windows up :mrgreen: