Updgrading Roof To One-Touch?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
zeemax_mini

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Updgrading Roof To One-Touch?

Post by zeemax_mini »

I've got a 2003 Z4 which I have to hold the button down on to operate the roof. If is possible to change it to one touch?
Cheers!

Dom
flamez

Z4 M roadster

Post by flamez »

I believe you have to wire in a separate module there should be links on here somewhere.

But holding the key button down or the roof button down or using the key in the door and held in position is the full functionality that comes with the car,
Flamez Z4M/// Interlagos Blue
zeemax_mini

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by zeemax_mini »

Cheers for the reply! Do you know where its possible to get the module from, and would it include the remote roof closing?

Thanks!

Dom
PVR
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by PVR »

Rheinhold Engineering has the modules you are looking for
zeemax_mini

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by zeemax_mini »

Cheers for that - just looked them up, 120euros plus postage, is that going rate or is there somewhere cheaper to get them from?
Ta!

Dom
PVR
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by PVR »

They sell also on ebay, I understand that you get them a lot cheaper that way
Bloke

Other roadster

Post by Bloke »

PVR wrote:They sell also on ebay, I understand that you get them a lot cheaper that way
Yea much cheaper on ebay,

I got mine there and now have new modules on my A4 cab, See link below :lol:

Bloke

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E36-E46-Z4-Co ... dZViewItem
Ex330i

Z4 roadster 3.0i

One Touch Hood

Post by Ex330i »

Let us know the first time someone gets injured by the hood, or when something gets caught up and the mech breaks itself before the overload cuts in!

The push and hold down buttons were designed for a purpose.
<b> http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x60/ ... 453a-1.jpg
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x60/ ... N4456s.jpg </b>

<b>Sport Pack, 18" Elipsoids, Carver Sound System, Bi-Xenons, Rear Spoiler, Auto-Dimming Wing Mirrors, Rain Senor wipers, Wind Deflector, SMG Transmission, Electric Seats (memory on drivers side), 3 stage Seat Heating.</b>
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

With the Reinhold module, one touch on the opposite button on the key and the roof will stop. The sum of circumstances would have to be pretty extreme for it to get jammed by an obstruction or a person and damage or injury be the result. Anyone ever heard of it happening?

Holding the button is a pain, and (on my 330 cab without module at the moment) only works for opening, not closing. My previous 323 cab had 'total closure' from the key fob which was very practical and caused endless seconds of entertainment!!

The Reinhold modules are going up in price on eBay with the summer coming, and the other brand in competition has gone quiet. They're going for around the £90-100 mark at the moment.

A.
srhutch

Z4 roadster 2.5si

Post by srhutch »

I managed to secure both Reinhold modules earlier in the year for £115 including carriage.

Won one on ebay and then enquired about the second directly to save on carriage. The prices on the website dont seem to tally with the price I got.

Both are very useful, not having to hold your finger on the button, real bonus, and pressing the button three times to open/close roof also handy, escpcially when access is restricted due to single garage or close parked cars.