3.0i SE extras

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
Russ1959

Z4 roadster 3.0i

3.0i SE extras

Post by Russ1959 »

What extras does the 3.0i SE have over a 3.0i ??
Cant find answers in search.

Also is there much difference in power between the 2.5 and 3.0
tetchmeister
Z Register member

Not specified

Post by tetchmeister »

From what i remember the non SE versions were for the first year only and the spec was very much the same. (depending on what options were added)

The 3.0l is about 35Bhp more powerful thatn the 2.5, is also has a 6 speed gearbox as opposed to the 2.5's 5 gears. Its not a massive difference, but is significant. In the race from 0 - 60 the 3.0 litre gains most of its advantage but requiring 1 gearchange fewer, thew race from 0 - 50 is very close.
pop_sausage

Z4 M roadster

Post by pop_sausage »

I was told that the SE spec came in after the initial batch of cars - 3-6 months after launch.

My first Z4 was registered in Aug 03 - it was not SE spec on the v5, yet all of the standard SE options were zero'd priced on the invoice and was informed they were standard on all UK 3.0l cars.

I have however come across one 3.0l car without leather (young lad 'midgen' from Basingstoke if I remember correctly) - and too be honest - it was a nice finish and I doubt would suffer from the excessive wear the z4 had on the bolsters. It certainly woudln't be a deal breaker for me.

The only thing I've found out is that later cars (Jan 04 IIRC) had was tinted wing mirrors which my didn't have - again, not really a deal breaker.