Z4 2.5 SE Synthetic oil change...Flushing question

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
Brittas

Z3 roadster 1.9

Z4 2.5 SE Synthetic oil change...Flushing question

Post by Brittas »

Hi my new 04 2.5 SE Z4 58,000 miles got an oil service from the 2nd hand car place I got it. To be honest They could have put chip oil in it for all I know.
I am going to do a castrol edge 0 40 oil and filter change. I could be putting syth. oil on to old mineraloil left overs.
Would it be prudent to do a wynns oil additive to old oil before new oil goes in. This additive is only £5 and will help to flush old stuff out.
Could this cause trouble? Is there another cause of action to take?Will syth oil on to old mineral be a big concern?
Is there any other flushing additives you can recommend?
PJ1

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Re: Z4 2.5 SE Synthetic oil change...Flushing question

Post by PJ1 »

Brittas wrote:Hi my new 04 2.5 SE Z4 58,000 miles got an oil service from the 2nd hand car place I got it. To be honest They could have put chip oil in it for all I know.
I am going to do a castrol edge 0 40 oil and filter change. I could be putting syth. oil on to old mineraloil left overs.
Would it be prudent to do a wynns oil additive to old oil before new oil goes in. This additive is only £5 and will help to flush old stuff out.
Could this cause trouble? Is there another cause of action to take?Will syth oil on to old mineral be a big concern?
Is there any other flushing additives you can recommend?
Brittas - I to am looking to change the oil in my 04 Z4 2.5 SE. So i will be interested if anyone has the answer. On another note, I live in Newcastle-U-Lyme so thought I would get in touch. Is your Z4 your first beamer?
Brittas

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Brittas »

I had a Z3 before this one.I have found out via some oil bible that flushing is not really needed. I have now used e-bay and changed plugs to iridium..K and N panel filter, K and N oil filter, 8L of castrol edge sport(6.6L used) all for under £140. You need a 36MM socket for oil filter housing.