Service indicator - miles or date?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
z4wannabe

blank.gif

Service indicator - miles or date?

Post by z4wannabe »

According to my service indicator, I have 4,500 miles left to go, but it is a year since my last service and the screen also gives me a "05/10"...

User manual isn't clear to me - does it need a service now (May 2010) or can I wait 4,500 miles?

Thanks

(Z4 3.0 2004)
Crozzy

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Crozzy »

I think you go by the miles for a service and the date is for brake fluid change.

That how I understood when I looked it up in the user manual anyway :?
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

Crozzy wrote:I think you go by the miles for a service and the date is for brake fluid change.
That's right the brake fluid change on a Z4 is the same as the Z3 - every two years. A word of caution though as Mrs ZC had an oil service + brake fluid change at our local main dealer mainly because they were fighting BMW UK to get the boot welds repaired on my Z3 FOC. When I got the Z4 home and checked the bleed nipples hadn't been touched - they had just sucked the fluid out of the reservoir and re-filled it. Luckily I had just done the brake fluid change on the Z3 and had some spare so I did the Z4 myself.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
camcc

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by camcc »

Hi,

"4,500" miles is when your next service, Oil or Inspection is due.

The date "5/10" is when you next brake fluid change is due.

Regards,
Chris.