Plastic tab in front bumper fallen off??

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
Dur747

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Plastic tab in front bumper fallen off??

Post by Dur747 »

I've just noticed a black hole on the driver side of the front bumper near the number plate and puzzled, I started checking out every other car's front bumper - it seems to be a circular plastic tab that must have sat in that area, but has fallen off somehow??

Anybody any ideas what this might be, whether it is important (aside from looking awful) and how much it costs to replace??

How do I add a pic of it - it says max filesize for attachements is reached despite it being a 12kb file!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Tow-hook attachment point? :?

Forget trying to upload photos to zroadster - it doesn't work - the instructions in this thread should help. :wink:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Dur747

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Dur747 »

Thanks!

It's here..

Where can I get this tab, and how much would it cost??
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

You will be able to order one from your local BMW dealer. It is part #6 below:

Trim panel, bumper, front - BMW parts catalog

It's not cheap though - a ready painted one (you specify the colour when ordering) looks to be about £40. As always, please enter your exact car and build date (or last seven digits of your VIN number) to check the right part for your car. It is preferable to get the dealer to look it up as well and then it is their mistake if they order the wrong part.

I don't know where else you would get one other than a breakers.

Cheers R.
Dur747

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Dur747 »

Robert T wrote:You will be able to order one from your local BMW dealer. It is part #6 below:

I don't know where else you would get one other than a breakers.
Cheers Robert, that is very useful - has part 6 got a name so that the dealer understands what I am asking about - I guess its the plastic tab that is removed to allow towing??

And forgive my ignorance, what is a breaker??
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

If you click on the image, the full parts list will open, Scroll down to part 6 and you will see both the description and part number for referance.

A breakers is a scrap yard :smile:

HTH
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

A breaker is a what used to be know a scrap yard.

There are a few online who break Z3's and you can request specific parts. I have used Car Transplants near Nantwich before for bits of trim. They have a website with a list of cars they are breaking.
Dur747

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Dur747 »

The 'flap towing eye'!!
Thanks guys, that's really useful
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

freds dad wrote:There are a few online who break Z3's and you can request specific parts.
I think he'd prefer one that does bits for a Z4 - though I'm sure they're not that specific. :wink:

Cheers R.

PS Should have said to click the pic, or the link below it for full info. If you click the part number you will get another page showing which other models the same part fits - useful if you are talking to a breaker.