Z4 beaten by rivals in aggregated ratings

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
JamesCB

blank.gif

Z4 beaten by rivals in aggregated ratings

Post by JamesCB »

Hi guys,

I just launched a site that has an independent rating system based on aggregated expert reviews.The score for each new car is based on the average scores given to it by magazines and journalists in their reviews. This independent grade, called the buzzScore, shows how highly regarded, or not, each new car is.

The new Z4 gets a decent buzzScore of 7.5, which shows it's clearly regarded by the experts as a good car. However, the main rivals to it, such as the 370Z, TT, SLK and MX-5 do get considerably better ratings.

Our page for the BMW Z4 - http://www.carbuzz.co.uk/BMW-Z4

I'd be interested to see if you guys agree with what the experts have said. And if you were to rate your E89, what score would you give it? If you like you can review your car on the site, we'll soon show the average user review compared to the avg. expert review.

Cheers, James
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Adam »

Nice 1st post = advert.

I dont know what is going on but it appears that we are having an influx of spam and adverts from people that have just signed up.

Call me a cynical old git but why do people bother to go through setting up an account only to post drivel. Atleast this post above does have some reference to z cars and not ipads/ipods/random rubbish.

Thats my lunch time moan done with.
Tom

Z3 roadster 2.8

Z4 Review

Post by Tom »

O GOD- I have made a mistake,anybody want to swap their MX5 for my Z4
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Info stolen from the phpBB website...

What is a spam bot?
Simply put, a spam bot (with relation to phpBB) is a script that is able to register an account and/or post spam on your board.

Is spam a security threat?
No. While spammers may seem like they are breaking through your defenses, they actually don't do anything that a regular users couldn't do (register, post, etc). Spam is therefore not a vulnerability and should not be considered as such.

How do they work?
Spam bots do what they are programmed to do; nothing more. Not having the ability to adapt on the fly puts bots at a disadvantage when put against informed administrators such as yourself. The trick for dealing with bots is to stay one step ahead of their authors. Nearly all anti-spam MODs focus on changing the registration/posting form in order to prevent bots from being able to fill out the information properly.
JamesCB

blank.gif

Post by JamesCB »

Not a spam bot guys, just trying to gauge a reaction to the scores!

Obviously the buzzScore is only meant as a rough guide, it's not a precise measurement to say this car is better than that car!

I thought you might be interested to see how the E89 performed, that's all!
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Whether you agree with it or not, this is not spam. It *is* targeted advertising for a website, but at least it is pertinent to our forum and is talking about Z4's. Whilst it doesn't particularly interest me, I don't mind people posting the odd thing like this, especially as it has clearly been written by a human and posted in the relevant section of the forum. It may not add much to the forum, but if I read this correctly, we are actually being asked for our feedback on the review.

R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Robert T wrote:Whether you agree with it or not, this is not spam. It *is* targeted advertising for a website, but at least it is pertinent to our forum and is talking about Z4's. Whilst it doesn't particularly interest me, I don't mind people posting the odd thing like this, especially as it has clearly been written by a human and posted in the relevant section of the forum. It may not add much to the forum, but if I read this correctly, we are actually being asked for our feedback on the review.

R.
Ditto that and I'd certainly be interested if I owned a Z4, which I may well do in the future :)
Hang_em_high

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Hang_em_high »

Just took a look at the site and was really impressed until I found no reviews on the VX220 :(
Still no matter I have searched the internet and never found a bad one yet :D
JamesCB

blank.gif

Post by JamesCB »

Cheers Robert, I apologise if it came across as spammy, wouldn't have posted if I didn't think it may be of interest.

Sorry, hangemhigh, we only feature new cars that are on sale at the moment, that's why the VX220 isn't on there. We need to make that far more clear on the site, feedback is that it doesn't make it obvious it's just new cars!