Service Display showing incorrect service due

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
Dr Phibes

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Service Display showing incorrect service due

Post by Dr Phibes »

Hi,

I got my Z4 3.0i se 6 months ago (still has 6 months warranty remaining). It was supposed to have full service history, but unfortunately, the service book is only stamped with Oil services. Also, it was showing on the dash that the next service due was an OIL service in 2500 miles. I questioned this with the Main Dealer I got the car from who held there hands up and offered to compensate. The result being, they offered to do a full Inspection 2 service free of charge, and reset to the service indicator to show that the next service due would be an OIL SERVICE.
The Insp 2 service was completed yesterday, but they say they were NOT able to advance the service indicator to show Oil Service until it had covered around another 200 miles. So, the car is now showing INSPECTION due in 15400 miles.

Problem is this dealer is 120 miles away, so they advised me to take it to my local BMW Main Dealer to get it reset.

I have read that you can change the service interval yourself with the button on the dash etc, but from what I've read, you can only adjust the mileage until next service - NOT type of service. Is this true ?

If not, can I adjust type of service myself without the hassle of going to the main dealer ?

Many thanks :thumb: