Z4 sat nav upgrade help req'd.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Z4 sat nav upgrade help req'd.

Post by Canman »

Hi has anyone got any experiance of upgrading there sat nav in a Z4. I have been reading on other forums that there seems to be different systems out there. Im wanting to upgrade to 2011 version with europe and speed camera's etc. My current disc in the unit which is between the seats in a cubby hole says on it " bmw road map europe high, dvd 2004-2"
whats the v32 upgrade?
this thread a little confusing.

any help/advice appreciated.

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Hi Kevan,

Check this website out you should be able to get hold of the latest 2011 disc, does mention something about updating the firmware but there is a link in the thread about it. I got my latest Jag disc though them and there is plenty of info on there. :wink:

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/bmw/538 ... -dvd5.html
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

cheers Ian. Have emailed them for more info . :D

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Kevan, you have pm
V32 is the firmware upgrade, which gives you night colours and a different perspective map view. I have just done mine.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
lukedon

blank.gif

Post by lukedon »

Hi guys,

I have just purchased a 07 3.0si Sport (will be putting pics up as soon as the car dries).

It came with the satnav system, with the 07 disc. Dont think this has speed camera alerts, well I cant see it anyway.

If i download the DVD in the link, is this the 11 version? how do I upgrade the firmware to get the alerts to work?

Thanks guys.
d0mokun

Z4 M roadster

Post by d0mokun »

Hi lukedon,

It's simple to install the firmware. You burn the image to a disc, stick that in the navigation computer, and the system will walk you through the install process.

Best
Dan.