Cup holder problem!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
d0mokun

Z4 M roadster

Cup holder problem!

Post by d0mokun »

Hi chaps,

I realise I have an M but figured the cup holder is probably uniform across all Z4's- sorry if this is not the case.

My driver-side cup holder seems to be a bit stubborn at the best of times. It often sticks open and will not close without using an uncomfortable amount of force. At the moment it appears to be stuck shut, though I can prize it open it doesn't push and pop like the passenger side.

My questions are thus! Is this a common fault and is it easily sorted? Would it be 'easy' enough to buy a replacement part and fit it?

The holder itself is not used that often so it is not exactly a killer point in terms of functionality.. I just hate having a broken part on an otherwise bang tidy car!

Thanks
Dan.
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

Hi Dan,

Not sure what year your Zed is but my Z4 is an 04 and doesn't have any cup holders. These are retro-fit items on early models i believe and can still be bought. there's a few on ebay now at £55.

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
d0mokun

Z4 M roadster

Post by d0mokun »

Hi Canman,

Thanks for the info! My Zed is a 56 plate. If there are retrofit kits around, then that bodes well.

I shall see what the ebay says..

Best
Dan.
seanodwyer

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by seanodwyer »

I have a spare drivers one. It's missing the face plate, but you can take that from your existing one. Let me know if you're interested.
d0mokun

Z4 M roadster

Post by d0mokun »

Aha- that'd be excellent. I'll drop a PM.

Thanks
Dan.