Fault with drivers window not going all the way up

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
mjgerrard

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Fault with drivers window not going all the way up

Post by mjgerrard »

Hey all,

I just thought I'd post up that I've got a bit of a problem with my E86 Si Coupe.

The window on the drivers side seems a little laboured but doesn't seem to go all the way up, even when the door is open (by around 1cm).

When you try to auto close the window, it hits the top, thinks that something is in the way and then opens the window again. You can close the window (just about!) by closing the window bit by bit, trying not to go to far into auto mode. There is a fairly worrying crack noise when you do though.

I'm going to try sorting this out on BMW Approve Warranty to see what happens. Hopefully there'll be no problem with the cover.

I'll report back with the fix, just in case anyone has the same problem and isn't covered by warranty.
mjgerrard

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Re: Fault with drivers window not going all the way up

Post by mjgerrard »

Sad face.

Upon using the window today there was a rather horrible clunk and the subsequent death of the drivers side window. A bit worried that the window might even be broken inside the door!

Bad times. Definitely need to get the car into Beemer now. You can movr the window up and down with just a hand!