Can this be done

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
weegeoff

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Can this be done

Post by weegeoff »

As anyone had a sat nav retro fitted by bmw. If so, how much approx . :rtm:
Mac27040

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Re: Can this be done

Post by Mac27040 »

I have sat nav and I would recommend you save your money as its not the best. Unless you thinking of fitting tv tune etc then get a tomtom.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I have a Garmin fitted just behind the armrest....I wired it's power supply to the DRL circuit, so that whenever I'm out the Garmin comes on with the DRL's and is powered up and ready to use. Since it has voice guidance, it's not important to be able to see the screen, and it doesn't clutter the view ou the front winscreen...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
weegeoff

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by weegeoff »

Many thanks :dunce:
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Mac27040 wrote:I have sat nav and I would recommend you save your money as its not the best. Unless you thinking of fitting tv tune etc then get a tomtom.

Z4 sat nav is pants, but comes into it's own when you link it to an Intravee to display ipod tracks/ playlists etc on the display.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Mac27040

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Mac27040 »

gookah wrote:
Mac27040 wrote:I have sat nav and I would recommend you save your money as its not the best. Unless you thinking of fitting tv tune etc then get a tomtom.

Z4 sat nav is pants, but comes into it's own when you link it to an Intravee to display ipod tracks/ playlists etc on the display.
Yes I have intravee and TV on my z4