Bye Z3 - Hi Z4

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
Zee3

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Bye Z3 - Hi Z4

Post by Zee3 »

I've just traded in my Z3 2.8 for a 3.0i Z4 Auto. I'd had the Z3 for near on 5 years and it was a great car, but it was starting to need too much work on it to get it to how I wanted it so I decided to let it go. I picked up the Z4 yesterday and its brilliant. It's more or less mint, I'm going to re furbish the callipers when the weather brightens up.
Also maybe get the wheels done a different colour as well at some point.

Anyway here's the old and the new.

Zee 3.......But now have a Zee 4
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Re: Bye Z3 - Hi Z4

Post by maurice the martian »

Good choice looks brill
But then I am biased
M

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

I must agree, that's a fine looking car. I think that will be my next move. 8-)
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

Whaen you have driven the Z4 a bit, can you post your thoughts (compared to the Z3) as l was looking to buy a Z3 3.0 but will look at the Z4 if it's a lot better .
Although l only want to spend £6,000 so might struggle to get a larger engined Z4 in good condition.
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

Nice looking zed. Like the colour.
I have both the z3 3.0 and the z4 3.0si. You can certainly tell the difference with the extra 34bhp. But for me as a driving machine the z3 wins, the z4 is too refined and the z3 is more a drivers car, The z3 also feels as though it has more torque than the z4. Put it this way if i was to do a cruise with good driving roads at at a brisk pace ( which i have done) i would use the z3 if i was to travel a distance like going through the Alps ( have done this in both the z3 and the z4) i would use the z4, mind it has got a bigger boot than the z3 so it pleases the wife
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

If it was my daily driver I would have gone for the Z4, but as a weekend toy it's a Z3 for me. Hope you enjoy. Are you still wanting to meet for the Newark day out. I've put a meet point at Mansfield on the thread. Drop a note on there with your intentions.

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Zee3

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zee3 »

Dave, still going to meet at Mansfield.

Having had the Z4 for a while now, it's still brilliant. I've had the wheels refurbed, but that's been about it. It is a lot more refined than a Z3, but I'm OK with that.

My old Z3 really wanted new shocks as it used to rattle and bang around corners. I don't miss the crap handling one bit. But I do miss the car, it stood me very well in the time I had it.

Part of me wishes I'd have hung on a bit to try and pick a decent Z3M, but I like the Z4 so hey ho.
Zee 3.......But now have a Zee 4
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Super job, looks like it may just be us two from Mansfield to Newark then. Seya you there. :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"