Z4 questions before I buy

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
r100elp

Z3 roadster 1.9

Z4 questions before I buy

Post by r100elp »

Ok its been six weeks since I sold the Z3 and there is no way I can afford to replace it .... or so I thought with a Z4 but a local car to me has come up for sale but its a cat C back in 2012 it looks the part but there are two potential problems with it. Firstly it needs a new O2 sensor and secondly the roof doesn't work. Worst case scenario how much to get the sensor replaced and how much for a new motor for the roof.
Last edited by r100elp on Tue 31 Mar, 2015 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
NOW the proud owner of a 98 1.9 M44 Z3 in silver.

maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Re: Z4 questions before I buy

Post by maurice the martian »

Roof motor £350. Approx + fitting.
M
Smartbear

blank

Post by Smartbear »

there is a guy on the z4-forum that will supply&fit the roof motor for around £550ish, its a bit of a job from what ive read!
regards
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Smartbear wrote:there is a guy on the z4-forum that will supply&fit the roof motor for around £550ish, its a bit of a job from what ive read!
regards

Nah it's a doddle. I did my own, a two person lift to get the hood out but that was done with the help of my wife.
I actually cleaned up the motor, got it working again and sold it for £100.
I had already bought the new one and fitted it prior to doing up my old motor, but I didn't need to have in the end.
Took about 5 hours , but that's cos I was being extra careful.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..