Thinking of buying this car, unknown spec advice please.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
G-A-R-Y

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Thinking of buying this car, unknown spec advice please.

Post by G-A-R-Y »

My first post to this my newest forum. Thinking of buying a Z due to a mid life crisis.
I've found a car and the seller is vague as to it's spec or extras.
He tells me it has a sport button, and then he mentioned heated seats button. Car is 04 2.5i with 92k miles. Full service history.
What does Sport do and can you tell from the picture anything else. My friend has a Z3 2.2, would this Z4 2.5 have the same engine and how many gears will it have.
Thanks in advance.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Thinking of buying this car, unknown spec advice please.

Post by gookah »

It will have the 2.5 6 cylinder engine,
It has got heated seats.
All the sport button does is tighten up the electronic steering to make it feel a bit stiffer, and it makes the accelerator pedal more sensitive so you dont have to press it as much to get the same response. It doesnt actually make the car more sportier, it just makes it 'feel' sportier, which is a bit of a cop out.
the seats are the standard sport seats as opposed to MSport seats. other than that looks standard spec, no sat nav, multifunction wheel.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
G-A-R-Y

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by G-A-R-Y »

Thanks, as regards trim levels is this a base model with extra leather and heated seats, do they all have air con with climate?
Are these wheels standard and can you tell from the picture if it has xenon lights.
Thanks in advance once again.
BTW I just did an insurance quote for 53 years old with 5 points and was surprised how low it is, RAC at £210.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

[quote="G-A-R-Y"]Thanks, as regards trim levels is this a base model with extra leather and heated seats, do they all have air con with climate?
Are these wheels standard and can you tell from the picture if it has xenon lights.

Non standard aftermarket wheels from the angle, It is a base model, leather and heating are options,
Looks like air con but can't see heater controls properly, top right button should be a snowflake, again may have climate if dial has numbers rather than blue to red colours, have you any clearer photos?
looks like no zenons, as it looks like it has a headlight adjuster, whereas Zenons are auto levelling

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..