Help :( wiper issue

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
jacob360

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Help :( wiper issue

Post by jacob360 »

Was on my way home in the rain, about 3 minutes into the driver the drivers wiper jammed half way up the screen, then flew off the screen jamming between the mirror and door, then the passenger one stuck. Not particularly happy as I've only had the car 3 days. Is this a common issue? Would this fix my issue? I've got a job interview on Tuesday and need the car

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt ... lty-wipers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Re: Help :( wiper issue

Post by bertiejaffa »

Hi - I don't have a Z4 so can't comment but I am guessing a bit of common sense fault finding by following the link you uploaded will lead you to the issue.

A new-to-you car always triggers concerns and worry about buying other peoples problems (or it does for me) but If it makes you relax a little better I have to admit I have never ever seen any threads about this in the 3-4 years since I have been a regular on here.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
jacob360

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by jacob360 »

bertiejaffa wrote:Hi - I don't have a Z4 so can't comment but I am guessing a bit of common sense fault finding by following the link you uploaded will lead you to the issue.

A new-to-you car always triggers concerns and worry about buying other peoples problems (or it does for me) but If it makes you relax a little better I have to admit I have never ever seen any threads about this in the 3-4 years since I have been a regular on here.
Thanks for the reply, I'll see how I get on with it in the morning, if not just got to hope it doesn't rain on Tuesday, the garage I bought it from has given me warranty so it will go to them to fix if tomorrow is no good

bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

jacob360 wrote:
bertiejaffa wrote:Hi - I don't have a Z4 so can't comment but I am guessing a bit of common sense fault finding by following the link you uploaded will lead you to the issue.

Thanks for the reply, I'll see how I get on with it in the morning, if not just got to hope it doesn't rain on Tuesday, the garage I bought it from has given me warranty so it will go to them to fix if tomorrow is no good

if its under warranty take it back. anything you do will invalidate the warranty
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
jacob360

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by jacob360 »

seems to be a linkage issue after having a play with it, also the cigarette lighter socket isnt working to will go back to the car dealer to be fixed