Advice on Z4 purchase

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
grussell

Z4 roadster 2.2i

Advice on Z4 purchase

Post by grussell »

Just seen a dirt cheap 2.5i Z4 automatic on AutoTrader. It is Cat D (which is why it is so cheap) and when I asked why, the dealership said it was 'water in the engine'. I am just wondering if I should stay clear and avoid like the plague or purchase it at such a low price and risk it. It is in otherwise stunning condition and the mileage is 117k, last serviced at 99k miles, which a bit concerning. Please could I get someone's opinion please. As a lifelong fan of Z roadsters I fear my desire clouds my judgement.

However, they said that it would come with 3 month warranty, I would need to clarify if it covers anything failing engine wise...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 500&page=1
grussell

Z4 roadster 2.2i

Re: Advice on Z4 purchase

Post by grussell »

Hi, just spoke to the dealer and he said the car was fixed for £1200 and has a receipt to prove it, he also says that the car was driven for 10000 miles since the repair. He says that the warranty he has would cover engine damage in the first 3 months. It looks positive. What do you all think?
MpowerRob

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by MpowerRob »

That's not that cheap really have a look around there's loads on the market with lower mileage and not cat d I'd give that one a miss, think your desire is clouding your judgment.
weegeoff

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by weegeoff »

grussell wrote:Just seen a dirt cheap 2.5i Z4 automatic on AutoTrader. It is Cat D (which is why it is so cheap) and when I asked why, the dealership said it was 'water in the engine'. I am just wondering if I should stay clear and avoid like the plague or purchase it at such a low price and risk it. It is in otherwise stunning condition and the mileage is 117k, last serviced at 99k miles, which a bit concerning. Please could I get someone's opinion please. As a lifelong fan of Z roadsters I fear my desire clouds my judgement.

However, they said that it would come with 3 month warranty, I would need to clarify if it covers anything failing engine wise...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 500&page=1
Go to Z-forum.com you will get a lot of advice as there are more Z4 owners on this site.