The Z8 - Future Classic or pre-owened Beemer?

UK owners might be few and far between, but if you are a Z8 enthusiast you are welcome here
NewAnglo

Z8 roadster

The Z8 - Future Classic or pre-owened Beemer?

Post by NewAnglo »

At what point does a used car stop depreciating and start becomming a classic? :roll:
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Z8 went up in price last time I looked.. :cry:

I missed the boat and should have purchased when they couldn't sell them about 2 years in from launch...

So in my book a future
classic,
but if your looking at it from a money aspect, I don't think your the right person for the Z8 IMHO :wink:

garyw
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Yes I think Garyw is right NewAnglo....... you can give it to me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Lucky you. :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

M6 cabriolet (in white) versus Z8 for similar money?

I think the cracking suspension mounts would sway my money, if I had any :roll:
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

How much is a Z8 these days?
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

smartypants wrote:How much is a Z8 these days?
Take your pick
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

Ooh I forgot to say......

Welcome aboard NewAnglo and get some photos of your car posted, we love to drool over Z8 pics :D
NewAnglo

Z8 roadster

Post by NewAnglo »

garyw wrote:Z8 went up in price last time I looked.. :cry:

I missed the boat and should have purchased when they couldn't sell them about 2 years in from launch...

So in my book a future
classic,
but if your looking at it from a money aspect, I don't think your the right person for the Z8 IMHO :wink:

garyw
As a nubie I don't wish to be too smug. I didn't miss that boat and had mine delivered in one of those BMW wagons that you wonder whats on the inside. That was in May 04 with 6k on the clock, on the sunniest day!

Didn't dare touch it for an hour, just kept pinching' myself.
How did the previous incumbent own a car for 3 years and only do 6k???
Just to reasure you Garyw, I'm not the type to keep it tucked away and didn't buy as an investment (mores the pity), just fell in love at first sight and had to have one – but not at £80k.

So I’ve been all across Spain, the Pyrenees, France, Italy (yes the Mont Blanc tunnel, and boy do they have a lot of tunnels in Northern Italy), the noise is simply terrifying.

My personal claim to fame is filling up 7 times in one day but I have to say I've had the time of my life.

This is all in a car that receives nothing but admiration and compliments (except from the bemused 360 and 911 drivers and after putting 20k on the clock appears to be worth more now than the day I bought it.

Don’t hate me
:|
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

NewAnglo wrote: This is all in a car that receives nothing but admiration and compliments (except from the bemused 360 and 911 drivers and after putting 20k on the clock appears to be worth more now than the day I bought it.

Don’t hate me
:|
:lol: That would be me then :)

As I said I should of done it, stunning car and like you I fell in love with it from the outset..
Only last year I looked at one from the US as an import but the figures had gone up again!!

Really pleased to read your using it properly and know too well that the Z8 makes the right noises in the Italian and Swiss tunnels..

garyw
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

How cool.

I still have not seen one in the flesh :bawl:

I have tried to talk my boss who is a car nut into getting one but he must be the only person I know that does not like them :dunce:

He has some disgusting coloured supercars and won't even look at a classic :bawl:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster