Dasboard Cleaning

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Bally

BMW other

Dasboard Cleaning

Post by Bally »

Hi All

Seemed to have sorted cleaning most of the external of car, 3m finesse sorted any scratches, a good coat of autoglym dark colour wax & turtle wax Ice afterwashing keeps it looking shiney, turtle wax gel on the tyres seems to last OK, autoglym fast glass on yes the glass!!

But Im struggling with the inside, the seats/leather all OK with autoglym leather care but the plastic dash and the balance of the door cards just look matt / slightly grey assume with the constant sunshine from living previoulsy in sunny brentwood in essex, i have tried the autoglym stuff which brings it up nice, but it lasts about 24hours.

Any ideas?
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

BMW do their own plastic cleaner which works
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Cheers for that :)
raspberry

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by raspberry »

Hi Muppet,

I met you outside a bakery, I was in a silver zed, no sign of you getting another Zed?
steveH

blank.gif

dash cleaner

Post by steveH »

try ArmorAll protectant either semi-matt or gloss whichever you prefer.
Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Forgot about the armorall stuff, i have used it in the past on a 3 series a few years ago & it was OK.

Cheers.
ShinyDave

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by ShinyDave »

I get good results with AutoGlym Vinyl & Rubber Care - sprayed onto a paintbrush and applied then buffed off with a cloth. Works well used sparingly on stereo facia etc too.

2002 3.0 Sport in Sterling Grey with full red/black leather

Bally

BMW other

Post by Bally »

Shiny, i still have some of this in my "extensive if not sad" cleaning collection stuff but never applied it with a brush. I can see the benefits of applying with a brush so will give it a try.

Thanks guys for all the help :)
ANZ

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by ANZ »

Bally, I've never been a fan of the shiny look, I prefer the factory matt finish; so for mine:

1. Megs APC (All Purpose Cleaner) diluted 10:1
2. 1Z Cockpit Premium

Products available from www.cleanandshiney.co.uk