JML GS27 scratch remover

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Carl Trouble

Z3 roadster 1.9

JML GS27 scratch remover

Post by Carl Trouble »

Hi guys
just wondered if anyone has given this JML scratch remover a go, it looks pretty impresive from the ads ( which i supose is the whole point of an ad after all :shock: ) did n't know if it was any better than a normal fine Farclea compound :D
greg_ch

Z4 M roadster

Post by greg_ch »

I haven't tried it but I'm fairly skeptical about the next revolutionary product around the corner.

A lot of car care products are marketed in such a way as to create a cult following. It might not be particularly fashionable but 3M's Perfect it III Fast Cut Compound (09374) for repairing scratches followed by your favorite glaze or 3M's Perfect it III Finishing Glaze (09377) works very well.

Follow it up with your favorite polish and sealant/wax. Job done.

You can find 3M's UK Atomotive catalogue here
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

Why not ask the same question on the Detailing World forum?
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
pop_sausage

Z4 M roadster

Post by pop_sausage »

greg_ch wrote:I haven't tried it but I'm fairly skeptical about the next revolutionary product around the corner.

A lot of car care products are marketed in such a way as to create a cult following. It might not be particularly fashionable but 3M's Perfect it III Fast Cut Compound (09374) for repairing scratches followed by your favorite glaze or 3M's Perfect it III Finishing Glaze (09377) works very well.

Follow it up with your favorite polish and sealant/wax. Job done.

You can find 3M's UK Atomotive catalogue here
you working for them now??? :lol:
greg_ch

Z4 M roadster

Post by greg_ch »

I don't think the'd pay me enough;) Seriously though, it's good stuff. You can also use it to blend in a paint repair like the BMW stone chip kits.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

When I read about this product on Detailing World the general concensus was its a complete waste of Money and your better off using Meguires Scratch X. Been tempted to try it just so I can get my money back if it doesn't work, just don't see how it works on deeper scratches?

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
SpunkyM

M roadster S54

Post by SpunkyM »

posted in error
Sapphire Black 02 S54 M Roadster
Carl Trouble

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Carl Trouble »

TitanTim wrote:When I read about this product on Detailing World the general concensus was its a complete waste of Money and your better off using Meguires Scratch X. Been tempted to try it just so I can get my money back if it doesn't work, just don't see how it works on deeper scratches?

Tim.
yep, i was tempted just because of the results it shows on deep scratches on the tv ad ( yep sucked in i know :D ) I will have to try some of the Meguires Scratch X, i 've got some somewhere that i had forgotten all about, i was recommended using it for bird lime staining, and it worked a treat on that!
z4lover

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by z4lover »

I tried scratchX on some minor/thin scratches - it didnt do much. Maybe i used it wrong - just apply and massage into paint right?