Scratches on rear plastic window - can't find previous post!

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Gucci

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Scratches on rear plastic window - can't find previous post!

Post by Gucci »

:head:

Sorry guys I know you have talked about this a lot but I can't for the life of me find them. A helpful idiot tried to clean my rear window (currently flicking the yellow pages for a hitman) and has scratched the plastic. What was the best product for taking these scratches out?

Ta muchness

Gucci
Zmeagol

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Zmeagol »

Hint: I've moved your post to valeting/detailing. :lol: :lol:

:rtm: Use the search facility with a keyword of 'window' and forum selection of 'valeting/detailing'

Tim
Neal(2.8Roadster)

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Neal(2.8Roadster) »

Gucci,

I Ordered some Clear Plastic Cleaner #17 and Clear Plastic Polish #10 from

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/

Its not arrived yet but I have heard this stuff does the trick just fine.

all in cost £17.58 inc P&P
Neal Glover

Email : nealglover@Gmail.com
sportscarman

blank.gif

The best product for rear screens - Hindsight

Post by sportscarman »

This is what others have said:
'By far the best screen cleaning product I've tried', was editor Elliott's enthusiastic verdict after testing 'Hindsight' on his Elan's aged plastic. Classic & Sports Car magazine.

'I followed the directions to the letter and-the results have been absolutely amazing-total clarity.'
Mr.D.Stewart - Porsche Boxster owner.

The solutions were simple to apply and to my absolute amazement produced a result within 15 minutes that left me with a 'brand new rear screen'! Not only has Hindsight saved me a great deal of money; but it has proved to be a true exception to the rule - a product out of the blue that any potential customer can order with total confidence in his/her investment.'
Mr.S.Hindmarsh - BMW M3 owner.

I cannot be more evangelical about this product than actual users of it, but my mother in law has just bought some for her R reg Z3 and I've sold 4 kits in the last week.
Yes I have a vested interest but am sad to see so many horror stories posted in Forums like this. Call me to discuss if you wish on 01780-767080 or see my site at www.morethanpolish.com.
mxs

blank

Post by mxs »

Mer polish or Autoglym resin polish is very good for removing small scratches, and is also good for removing the 'milky' film effect from plastic rtear windows.

A tip passed onto me from a MG owner.
HCHDC Hard Core Hood Down Crew

We do it in the rain......
Bestgear

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by Bestgear »

Mr Sportscarman...

"Sorry, the site ('www.morethanpolish.com.') you were trying to reach does not currently have a default page located here."

Think you need to check...
martlet
Z Register member

M coupe S54

Post by martlet »

The URL worked for me at 0900 hours 16-AUG-2004
SEP 2003: Bought 2002 Z3 M Coupé Titanium Silver with Black Leather.
OCT 2003: Adjustable interior Rear View Mirror.
Early 2005: Front Strong Strut. Replaced all tyres with F1s. Added rear Strong Strut.
AUG 2005: EXDOS Mod
SEP 2006: Retrofit Cruise Control
Antoninus

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Rear Plastic cleaning!

Post by Antoninus »

Now this is going to sound a little odd... I bought my Z3 3.0i Ac schnitzer n stuff from Classic-chrome in Mortlake. When I raised the prob with the back screen Keith said Don't worry we'll fix it. When I pickied up the car the screen looked bran Bloody New! I asked what he used and the reply was.

First use copper / metal polish from Jeyes, then a good quality wax polish.

The Jeyes must get the bad scratches out then the wax one simply cleans away any residue. Cheap and it works V well.

I personally wouldn't have done that but these guys sell dozens of soft top sports cars and they know there stuff!!
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

Cucci I used BMW rear screen cleaner yesterday. My rear window is now crystal clear.
'High G' motoring enthusiast
Antoninus

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Antoninus »

This stuff works pretty well tho'

http://www.convertiblecar.com/testimon2.html

You can also get it from www.moss-europe.co.uk

:D