Soft top cigarette burn

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
z4lover

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Soft top cigarette burn

Post by z4lover »

Some bugger put out his cigarette on my soft top the other day. Left a burn hole in the outer layer. Anyone know of a quick fix for this? Its about 1cm long by 3mm wide.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

I'm fairly sure that I've seen some fabric repair products in Halfords that would probably do the job. IIRC there are coloured particles that mix with a glue and fill the area that's damaged. Different coloured particles are mixed to achieve the colour match that you're after. These products are typically used to repair cigarette burn holes in fabric seats but I can't see why they wouldn't work on a soft top too :shrug
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
z4lover

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by z4lover »

Will definitely give it a try. Add on a waterproof spray and it sounds like it could do the trick. thanks.
Rob Tan

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Rob Tan »

I would be so annoyed if someone did that to my soft top. What kind of idiot does that?

I would recommend you find WHO is the most recommended auto trimmer in your area and go see them to talk abotu what can be done. I live in Christchurch NZ, and we have one of the best Auto Trimmers in the country, so I always go to see him if I have a question. He installed my new soft top last December and he is a great guy!