Meguiars Clay

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Meguiars Clay

Post by snoops »

There have been a few questions lately about "claying" and recommended products.

I started cleaning Zippy ready for Harewood, washed yesterday and clayed and polished today, ready for waxing and finishing off.

Never ceases to amaze me when I use the clay... this is from the "clean" front bumper, just shows you how much gunk we pick up that just a "wash" does not remove.

That clay was bright white when I started !!

Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

Snoops,

Did EXACTLY the same yesterday and was gonna post EXACTLY the same :shock: freaky!

I used the autoglym stuff for the first time and although mine has only ever been a 2nd car and always garaged I was amazed to find the grime I pulled off the front end. Just waxed though and it looks mint now although it has shown up a few scratches which I could do with getting sorted.

Any one know a good one in Leeds?
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

by the way I think a pic is required after all your hard work! :wink:
''need I remind you 007, you have a licence to kill...not to break the traffic laws''
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Buz007 wrote:by the way I think a pic is required after all your hard work! :wink:
He's in no fit state to take piccies I'm afraid. I put the 1st coat of wax on and then felt rain on the back of my neck, never moved so fast to get him in the garage :|

He's now sat in there with a sheet over him, won't get round to finishing waxing and SRP until later in week now after work :? ... but I will take piccies before I hit the motorway on Sunday :D

I did think I might have time to have a go at the engine bay but no time this week now... :cry:
Buz007

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Buz007 »

dam weather, will see him sunday no doubt.

Mine's clayed and waxed, just got the inside to do but your engine bay comment has just cost me some more work! :evil:
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Then I shall have to have a look at the shiny engine bay and you can tell me how you did it, have no idea how to go about cleaning it really or what products to use.

All the nooks and crannies in an engine bay are bound to finish off my nails, I've broken 5 doing the bodywork :shock: :shock:
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

Snoops, .....you've broken 5 snails?
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

rgf wrote:Snoops, .....you've broken 5 snails?
Hey - if you have any of those engine cleaning snails bring em to Harewood, I'll put them in 1st thing and by the time we're leaving you can have them back !! :thumb: