Removing hood protector

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
VikingSven

Z3 roadster 2.8

Removing hood protector

Post by VikingSven »

Looking to get some of the Renove soft top reviver as my roof is looking a bit faded, but under the do's and don'ts on how to use it, it says to ensure you've removed all traces of hood protector before applying it. Any idea how to do this?
mikez3oldgit

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mikez3oldgit »

How about Renovo "soft top canvas cleaner"?

Worked well on my hood last year, but am less than pleased with their proofer- had better results using Autoglym proofer,you will find many on here who would agree that it not only repels water better but also protects for longer.

Mike.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

another :thumb: from me for the Autoglym but you can also try tent re-proofer, I've found it works just as good.

As far as cleaning the roof prior to applying, good hoover then soapy water wash and rinse and let it dry completely before applying is how I normally do mine.
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
DC

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by DC »

Applied Autoglym in the same way as Snoops and it's still beading perfectly just as it was after I applied it around 22 months since.
That's now almost 7000 miles and still another application in the kit.
Though the car is garaged and not used in winter it gets plenty of summer use and is washed almost eveyr time it's used.
Dave
Dave. 1998 Arctic Silver Z3 M44 1.9 Automatic
John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Removing hood protector

Post by John1950 »

VikingSven wrote:Looking to get some of the Renove soft top reviver as my roof is looking a bit faded, but under the do's and don'ts on how to use it, it says to ensure you've removed all traces of hood protector before applying it. Any idea how to do this?
You need to watch this video clip from Renovo - all is revealed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01_0a1tQY9k

Then Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENOVO-SOFT-TOP-H ... 8196wt_905

If you go direct to Renovo, this kit costs £85!
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image