improvements for the grand event that is zedfast

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

improvements for the grand event that is zedfast

Post by Badman gee »

Hello all.

It seems there is a lot of behind the scenes work being undertaken on our zeds.

What jobs are people doing or having done on their cars for the meet of the decade?

I will start you off:

Completed work:

Brakes painted

Seats re-sprayed

Oil and diff service plus mot

Planned work:

new soft top

bonnet respray

minor trim replacement

full body detail.

Mark

:D

The 'BEAST' 666
PCSAM

blank

Re: improvements for the grand event that is zedfast

Post by PCSAM »

break into and borrow the M at BMW head office :squeeze: :dunce:
its to far me to travel to :bawl: :bawl:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

PCSAM wrote:break into and borrow the M at BMW head office :squeeze: :dunce:
its to far me to travel to :bawl: :bawl:
:D

The 'BEAST' 666
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

It's an ongoing improvement project anyway, but if I manage to make it to Zedfest (still waiting on a confirmed date for a mate's stag do :roll: ) but got a few jobs planned in no particular order. I can't put the Z3 in my garage so this is all weather dependant, assuming it stops raining before July. :head:

Finish detail on bodywork, complete the polishing of paintwork with my new DAS6pro, including touching in some stonechip and wet flating them.
Respray rear bumper due to scuff on corner.
Take passenger side sill and wheel arch liners off to clean behind and treat with Bilt Hamber UC (drivers side done over Easter). Touch up any stone chips on sill edges.
Clean and paint brake calipers, replace front pads with red stuff.
Fit Powerflex bushes to rear of front wishbones.
Replace Exhaust camshaft sensor after yesterday's INPA testing.
Give engine bay a further clean after spotting a good few bits I've missed when doing the INPA stuff yesterday. :roll:
Give the soft top another clean and reproof it.

That list makes it sound like a complete shed, but my neighbours already seem to think it's 'immaculate' but the Z3 is my 'tinkering' project so no major jobs there, nothing that can't be started and finished on the same day (detailing maybe taking longer, but I can do panel by panel).

I'm really looking forward to going on a Z3 meet as other Pistonheads type meetings tend not to make much of Z3s in favour of other more 'exciting' cars.

Sorry for the rambling...due to wet weather today I did some welding on my RS2000 and managed to 'bounce' the wire brush on my angle grinder across my face/mouth when it kicked back so dosed up on the only painkillers I could find (a bottle of Pino Grigio). :oops:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

sounds good,

yes, these improvements arnt just for the show in July.

Its an ongoing project.

Mark

The 'BEAST' 666
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

Off work today due to my stupid incident with the angle grinder yesterday, mouth is swollen and I look like I've been in a fight (well I have, just not with a person). Can't be visiting customers looking like I do today and can't even shave incase I remove more skin than whiskers. Typical the sun is out and it's dry, but I'd better not go outside and start messing about with the Z3 as I may get in trouble with the OH...might sneak a drive down to GSF to buy the exhaust sensor ready to fit when I feel better.

At least I got this far on my RS2000 which is more in two days than I did the whole of last year. If only it hadn't been raining I'd have been out in the Z3 instead...

PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

poor boy . im sure that scuff on your top lip will polish out with some rim wax :drive :D
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

OldskoolRS wrote:Off work today due to my stupid incident with the angle grinder yesterday, mouth is swollen and I look like I've been in a fight (well I have, just not with a person). Image
I tend to use a flapwheel for shaving, they are not as coarse as the grinding disc..... :wink:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

gookah wrote:I tend to use a flapwheel for shaving, they are not as coarse as the grinding disc..... :wink:
Somehow 'Black & Decker, the best a man can get' doesn't sound quite the same though. :D Damn it's blooming sore now and I can't even drink coffee without dribling...a foretaste of where I might be in another 30 years. :D
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

OldskoolRS wrote:
gookah wrote:I tend to use a flapwheel for shaving, they are not as coarse as the grinding disc..... :wink:
Somehow 'Black & Decker, the best a man can get' doesn't sound quite the same though. :D Damn it's blooming sore now and I can't even drink coffee without dribling...a foretaste of where I might be in another 30 years. :D
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I am laughing at your joke not your poor wounds. The lengths some people will go to, to get their zed clean and I thought Smartypants was a detailing mentalist!
When it has dried out sufficiently maybe some Vitamin E cream to help prevent any scarring?
It's a good job it isn't your stag night coming up. :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

The worst thing is that it wasn't my Z3 it was my F**d RS2000. :D

I feel like a health and safety brochure now: Don't do this at home (or work). :oops: