Soft Top proofing

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Soft Top proofing

Post by Southernboy »

I've ordered a new rear window, and before I have it fitted I would like soe advice on having the soft top proofed, and if the product exists that will blacken it evenly. It has slightly "shiny" marks where the steel frame pushes from the inside, and perhaps this can be re-dressed somehow??? All advice welcomed.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Vic-Z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Soft Top proofing

Post by Vic-Z3 »

has slightly "shiny" marks where the steel frame pushes from the inside,
So has mine ............................ :(

I am all ears on this topic ........ :)
----------------- BMW Z3 Das Beste Auto -----------------

Mein altes Auto riecht nach Nudeln, hat dieses Auto eine Wurst Geruch.
houdini2005

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by houdini2005 »

mine has the same marks and possibly one day the fabric will need replacing :cry: , however until then i treat mine with autoglym fabric cleaner and protector http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/product-pr ... GG&Range=1 some use other restorers but if you search on here you'll pick up the tips etc.

do the roof before the new window. 8-)
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

A firm called Renovo do the colour reviver and re-proofer. Autoglym do a re-proofer product as does a firm called Grangers in the form of Fabsil Gold. I have used both the last two and both are very good. The Fabsil Gold is the most economical as you paint it on with a paint brush and so get less on the glass and paintwork which is a devil to get off. I get a lot of rain down here in the West of England and the soft top looks like a ducks back for some considerable time after using these products