Dear diary, what a day it's been...

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Dear diary, what a day it's been...

Post by Southernboy »

....Moody Blues...and for those too young to remember....one of the iconic groups of the 60's 70's.
As some of you will know, my Z is going through motor menopasuse. That's the midlife crisis cars have...Scarab, my shiny black Zed has been going through this, so 2012 has been a year of facelifts. The final bits are now being put together.
In the process of these changes, mods, upgrades and transplants, I have been honoured to have met many people on this forum. Most have been met through helping me with my queries and requests about how to and which part etc. Others have been met through chatting about their joys and trials with their Z's. They have eased my way with their advice, references to knowledge elsewhere, and interest in my issues.
Some have been serendipitous in their appearances, and have responded with the relevant information within minutes, as when I was fitting a new roof earlier this year. Without that info at that time, my weekend of fitting would have been dragged into the week. Turns out, he's a first rate Jock with a big heart.
Others have jumped in to provide some of the parts I needed and without whom I couldn't have acieved as much as I did. Some have made the effort to do my shopping for me because no supplier will ship to South Africa. Still some yet have become chat buddies.
I know I've thanked them each before, but I would like to extend that to the entire forum and to say that Scarab and I are grateful to all the Zedders here. I can honestly say I chose the best Z forum.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions