Cleaning my z3

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
lowriderz3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Cleaning my z3

Post by lowriderz3 »

How sad am I . I washed and polished my car this afternoon.The snow is currently melting in Manchester but is due back on Saturday. Has anybody else been as sad as me today? What have you done today?
John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Cleaning my z3

Post by John1950 »

lowriderz3 wrote:How sad am I . I washed and polished my car this afternoon.The snow is currently melting in Manchester but is due back on Saturday. Has anybody else been as sad as me today? What have you done today?

Well, mine could DO with a clean, but it's been under it's winter blanket for the last three months and isn't likely to come out unless the weather is perfect - April maybe? Christ I wished I lived abroad again.
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Can't wait to snow foam and wash mine on Saturday as missed washing last weekend as temp was well below freezing :( Its looking salty dirty at the mo. At least the Z4 is tucked away all waxed and shiny waiting for the spring :)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

It's taken you a while Tim to discover snow foam

The 'BEAST' 666
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Badman gee wrote:It's taken you a while Tim to discover snow foam
he has had to wait for the snow .. :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by maurice the martian »

Mines in the garage nice and clean.but the silver streak will be out for a run sat or sun....Down the snake and around castleton,buxton.
Then it will need a clean.
Moz

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
lurch 1

blank

Post by lurch 1 »

Went out for run last night being vigilant to watch for unmarked cars, camera vans, marked cars speed cameras etc, there were tracks on road with pure salt, went couple back roads but crawled due to massive holes and ruts, back home and after only about one hour the car is white instead of silver! my renewel for insurance came today and about same as last year at £180 fully comp,dont know if thats OK? JBD :D
Pep

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Pep »

I'm in Manchester and I've washed mine every weekend this year, even washed Saturday morning, drove 3 miles to supermarket, and washed and waxed when I got back :lol:

With no good weather for roof-down driving it's the only quality time I get to spend with my baby :P
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Had mine washed waxed etc at the local Sonax car clean...Seats leather treated, carpets hoovered, mags waxed etc etc...man was it hot sitting under the umbrella while the guys worked on it!! Had to get an ice cold soft drink to keep myself cool. Then drove 2 miles to make sure the roof was dry, pulled over, took the roof down, turned the aircon up full onto my feet, cranked up the volume on the 80's music and drove the last 12 miles to my pub lunch venue. Managed to find a spot under a huge oak about 30 meters from the swimming pool, and perved the babes in their bikinis...Great lunch of prawns 'n beers....live music, great service...As the sun was setting in the west, I dropped the roof again and had a really solid drive home on the motorway cruising at around 140 -160kph.
Car is still beautifully shiny and clean today....well, until next sunday then....yawn :sunny
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian4 »

I'm sure you are only trying to annoy with all these tales of sun and bikini's, well it's not going to work.

But then again perhaps IT HAS. Just forecast some snow for parts of the UK again.

I have some good memories of the times I have been to SA back in '76 and for the world cup in 1995 when I was working in Jo'burg and Cape Town.

Brian
Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

Brian4 wrote:I'm sure you are only trying to annoy with all these tales of sun and bikini's, well it's not going to work.
He is in Cardiff really.... :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

BUSTED !! :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions