Snow foam users?

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
ZedAintDead

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Snow foam users?

Post by ZedAintDead »

Just wondered how many of you use snow foam when cleaning your pride and joy?

I have a few mates who all swear by it, some in the spannering business.

I ordered an Autobrite snow foam lance yesterday, there's a group buy offer going on the Detailing World forum if anyone's interested.

If anyone does use snow foam what's your preferred brand and variant?

Cheers!
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: Snow foam users?

Post by TitanTim »

I use it every weekend as part of the washing regime and use Valet Pro PH neutral

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-a ... d_500.html

I've found it definitely helps clean the car better especially the hood and there is something very satisfying covering the Zed in a thick layer of foam :)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

I use the stuff, but only on a dirty car (daily drive)

It's excellent.

The 'BEAST' 666
ZedAintDead

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by ZedAintDead »

Cool thanks guys, my Zed's first wash (by me) was using snow foam and it definitely is a fun experience!

Got some "magifoam" to try out with my lance when it arrives next week, Tim I might try your recommendation when that's gone.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

I use Magifoam, have wasted money on lots of others that don't clean or foam as well, but I have not tried valet pro yet.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lewy »

Ultimate snow foam does it for me, best stuff I've used :)
Pierrick

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Pierrick »

I use the same as tim with this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pressure-Spra ... 484bd68df6

Cheap, quick and easy to use! I have the 3L.
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

I've just fell into my usual trap of reading gazillions of threads on DW and getting sidetracked, can someone post the link to the group buy please..
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Nothing better than snow foam...I have mine done every saturday at the local Sonax valet...plus vacuum, leather treatment, plastic trim treatment, dry and buff plus tyre polish nad exhaust outlets chrome polished...£.3.50.....and I get a cup of coffee while it's being done for me.... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Southernboy wrote:Nothing better than snow foam...I have mine done every saturday at the local Sonax valet...plus vacuum, leather treatment, plastic trim treatment, dry and buff plus tyre polish nad exhaust outlets chrome polished...£.3.50.....and I get a cup of coffee while it's being done for me.... :wink:
Not only do you get brill weather you get all that for £3.50 :shock: you do clean your zed yourself though don't you, nothing better than a detailing day for me :D

If I cleaned my house to the standard I cleaned my zed I wouldn't let anyone sit down :lol:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I do clean it myself...occaisionally...just so I can take note of any chips, damage, etc that will need attention / maintenance...other than that, I'm really not into hard labour as a means of enjoyment....at my age perversity is no longer an interesting proposition.... :twisted:
"Normal is overrated"

ZedAintDead

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by ZedAintDead »

John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

Southernboy wrote:Nothing better than snow foam...I have mine done every saturday at the local Sonax valet...plus vacuum, leather treatment, plastic trim treatment, dry and buff plus tyre polish nad exhaust outlets chrome polished...£.3.50.....and I get a cup of coffee while it's being done for me.... :wink:
Over here I think that lot would cost £100 - but for £3.50 you'd get the coffee...
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

ZedAintDead wrote:Snoops here ya go:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=196592

Thank you :D
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

It's one of the perks of living in SA. John.... :wink: I get a card from them with 5 blocks which they stamp each visit. At that point they charge £.4.25.....but after I've had the 5th one stamped, the 6th is a freebee... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

Southernboy wrote:It's one of the perks of living in SA. John.... :wink: I get a card from them with 5 blocks which they stamp each visit. At that point they charge £.4.25.....but after I've had the 5th one stamped, the 6th is a freebee... :wink:

Just more confirmation that I've had it to the back teeth with the UK.
I lived on Tenerife for 10 years from '83 to '93 and that experience of living abroad really put the UK into perspective for me.
Now, how's Cape Town for retiring to?
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

John1950 wrote:
Southernboy wrote:It's one of the perks of living in SA. John.... :wink: I get a card from them with 5 blocks which they stamp each visit. At that point they charge £.4.25.....but after I've had the 5th one stamped, the 6th is a freebee... :wink:

Just more confirmation that I've had it to the back teeth with the UK.
I lived on Tenerife for 10 years from '83 to '93 and that experience of living abroad really put the UK into perspective for me.
Now, how's Cape Town for retiring to?
Capetown is the most beautiful city in South Africa, I'm sure you would enjoy it :grin:

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
ImageImage
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

An honest appraisal...if you enjoy good wine at a seriously good price...and fresh seafood at a seriously good price, and 4 real seasons through the year (with winter rainfall as in the Med)...and you choose where you live astutely - the prices are stupid in some areas - and you don't mind seasonal gale force winds occaisionally...You appreciate some of the best driving roads....and possibly the best looking and most laid back women in SA....with a great night life, and a choice of weekend outings second to none....then Cape Town would suit you. Otherwise, you could stay in the UK and enjoy your heritage...and the weather to enjoy it in.... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

John1950

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by John1950 »

Southernboy wrote:An honest appraisal...if you enjoy good wine at a seriously good price...and fresh seafood at a seriously good price, and 4 real seasons through the year (with winter rainfall as in the Med)...and you choose where you live astutely - the prices are stupid in some areas - and you don't mind seasonal gale force winds occaisionally...You appreciate some of the best driving roads....and possibly the best looking and most laid back women in SA....with a great night life, and a choice of weekend outings second to none....then Cape Town would suit you. Otherwise, you could stay in the UK and enjoy your heritage...and the weather to enjoy it in.... :wink:

Well, that's settled it then - Cape Town it is. My partner Janet is a Deputy Headteacher and a couple of years ago did a fact finding trip to Cape Town with an educational group. She thought it was a wonderful place for lots of reasons. My job now is to somehow convince her that we should move on - before we're too old.
John Walker
Baarn, Holland
Image Image

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Sounds good!! And the private teaching market is very very lucrative here...and growing, :wink:
"Normal is overrated"