Removing fogging from light casing.

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Removing fogging from light casing.

Post by martyb »

Hey guys my light casings have became fogged over the years and was wondering if there are any techniques you use to remove it.

Iv seen videos with a whole different set of techniques from regular car polish to a split avacado and rubbing it along the light case and wait for it even urine!!!

theres some strangely funny videos on youtube for this sort of thing.

Since i dont fancy the latter i was wondering what you guys had to say on this subject.
Pierrick

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Removing fogging from light casing.

Post by Pierrick »

Meguiar's are selling a special kit:

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/video-demos/1183

Never uesd it but they have a good reputation.
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

Iv just ordered some hopefully be here on Wednesday and with some good weather ill get out and snap some photos of before and after. Though anyone with more tips on please do leaved them.
Pierrick

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Pierrick »

Where did you order it from? they are selling it in Halfords! But I don't remember the price!
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

I got it from ebay 9 quid.I looked on the halfords website and for £19.99 there was a one step headlight restorer kit (meguiars) which i presume is something along the same lines as what i got for 9 quid came with the pad etc thats a fair wee saving.

Iv noticed that ebay tends to be alot cheaper for the more specific sort of cleaning liquids.
Pierrick

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Pierrick »

do you have a link?? 9£ is very cheap!
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

It was the first one when I typed it into eBay others didn't have the pad with it. I'm on my phone as soon ask get the laptop I'll post a link.