Leather cleaning/help

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Lazeodoom

Z3 roadster 1.9

Leather cleaning/help

Post by Lazeodoom »

I've been rather neglectful of the interior of the Zed, or rather the seats and door cards.

The exterior, now that's always spotless and the interior surfaces get an AutoGlym polish several times a month, the carpets hoovered etc, but the seats always get left alone.

I don't particularly know what to use or what to do with them. They are in good nick although there is wear on the right side of the drivers seat, it's been there since I before bought it in 2007 so it really should get sorted out!

So, any bright ideas or miracle products? I've got a few days off work so I can easily set aside time for a 'Zed day'
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Leather cleaning/help

Post by Southernboy »

have a look in "The Beauty Parlour" section...search.."Leather repair"....quite a few references thre... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
resunoiz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by resunoiz »

can you shot a pic of your seats?

products may vary depending of the state and needs of the leather.

the MOST improtant thing to remember is that is leather, a "breathing" material: BEFORE making anything, they need a very accurate cleaning with the right products and extreme softness. every product you put on a not perfectly claeand leather surface, will result in dirt penetrating the leather deeply (and hardly removable) and a "gluey" surface, if there is much dirt :)
micklaw

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by micklaw »

hi mate try this i did and was most pleased with the results
resunoiz

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by resunoiz »

very good product.

I suggest a strong cleaning before in any case ;)

and if threre are some parts to re-color, this is the last part
Lazeodoom

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Lazeodoom »

Looks like it'll be a decent leather cleaner and then the Meguairs kit then, I think the clean will do most of the work, conditioner will hopefully top it off, the broken bits aren't cut and flapping, they're sort of scuffed so anything to help would be good!
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

I used a Scuffmaster kit - cleaner, dye and leather balm on my seats and the extended leather on the dashboard and was very pleased with the results:

Before:

After:
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Lazeodoom

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Lazeodoom »

That looks even better, looks like it'll cost me about £25 for a bottle/kit to do both seats, I'm looking through their list for my seat colour, I think it'd be 'Z3 1.9 beige' however I seem to remember mine might be named after a womble or something, kind of beige with those nobbly bits on the seat and back, presumably that;s what they mean by the beige colour!