Valeting/detailing.

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Valeting/detailing.

Post by Davejue1 »

Hi chaps, as part of owning my Zed I enjoy cleaning it regularly. I have been on the hunt for a wax/polish I'm happy with for a while now but have at last found something.
After reading the article posted by Barry recently about the over use of polish and the damage it can cause I started to look for a good wax.
I bought off eBay a tin of Harly Wax for £21.99. It's a pure carnauba wax and is a dream to use. It goes on like butter, leave 10 mins and buff off with a microfibre cloth. You can go straight over the rubbers, door handles etc and it leaves no white marks and no residue at all.
Must say the results for a fairly cheap wax is astonishing. I'm really pleased with it and would recommend to anyone who is on the hunt for such an item. :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Valeting/detailing.

Post by Captain »

Sounds like a good find, as you say nice and easy to use, without leaving a white residue.
ImageImage
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

..... if for no other reason than avoiding the dreaded white residue which annoyingly seems to appear days later...

What will be very interesting is to see a couple of pics of the now waxed vs polished result... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

You getting your own back Barry! I did take some after I'd finished but they didn't come so go good but I'll put them on just for you. :D

Cheer
Dave

Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Just for you Barry! :cheers

Other two were no good but this shows the finish it gives pretty well.

cheers
Dave

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Thanks Dave... it provides a fair yardstick of the result one can anticipate... Looks as good as I've seen... and seeminly no swirls etc... :cheers
"Normal is overrated"

Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Not a swirl in sight Barry, really easy to use and good results, might even get you having a go!! Or maybe not! :D

Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hey, I'm always up for trying to achieve an enduring result, especially if it requires less effort too... At this time I keep Scarab reasonably clean only... mostly because I haven't got to the body paintwork aspect yet... Both doors have small parking dents, and the front spoiler is fairly peppered with micro chips... Once I've done with the interior, I'll start on the outside repairs. I reckon I'll start at the back and work forward... that way the backend should still be 100% by the time I get to the front spoiler... The metallic Black is a magic finish, and I'd really like to get it "glowing" again... I would like to have an extra clearcoat layer or two applied to the entire body to add more depth and hopefully a little more protection too. At least then I can focus on the clearcoat only as a maintenance programme.
"Normal is overrated"