Filler pop

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Filler pop

Post by Bowler »

Car gone to the paint shop today, main problem i am told is "filler pop" top of both wings, from a previous repair not known to me, now starting to craze! With a chip on the bonnet and a couple of scrapes on the lower valance, in to have the front bumper and bonnet re sprayed. Took some pics before and hopefully, everything crossed! after a good job will take some after pics.
In love with driving again (its the Z effect)
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Filler pop

Post by Davejue1 »

Paul, ask your painter to take pics as he goes along. Nice for the history file. I was like an expectant father while mine was in but they know what there doing. Only problem mine had was getting rid of some very deep stone chips on the front of the bonnet. :)

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Did think about photos during the paint job, may contact them tomorrow.
Know what you mean Dave re the expectant father, Dropping him (Monty), off at the body shop today was like dropping the daughter off for her first day at school. :!:
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Arghhhhhh your like me mate, your car means more to you than the kids!!! Nice! :D

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Not quite :!:
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

Spent the last three days agonising over Angel eyes and clear indicator lenses when the Body work is complete.
Still not sure but leaning towards keeping the 17 year old zed closer to original, at least from the outside as possible?