Tonneau Covers!!

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Tonneau Covers!!

Post by kruisn »

Does any thusiast remember or know of a Tonneau cover for Z3s.
I have seen 1/4 tonneaus for over the folded hood both original BMW and aftermarket, but not a full tonneau. My old Healey 100 has one, as do a lot of older sports cars. The cover protects the cabin from the elements when parked (no need to put the hood up for a short stay). It can also have a zip up the centre when only the driver is in the car keeping the rest covered while driving. Would save a lot of wear and tear on upholtsery. Fittings to hold it in place could be a problem, Zds dont really suit tennax fastners down the sides. Any brain waves?? 8-)
Don't drink and drive home -
Take the Zd and fly home -
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

Had a full tonneau on my Westfield, never seen one for a Z3 though, how and what would it attach to? My Westfield had press studs on the dash and the body, pretty useful on a Westield. With a Z3 surely just put the roof up?
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

Hi Kruisn,

Tonneau covers would be very useful, and to-day could be made out of modern materials so as to be compact, my one gripe is that the hood cover (which is wrongly referred to by some as a tonneau cover) takes up so much boot space, I am sure there have been links on here recently showing Tonneau covers, By knowing what tonneau covers are you are giving a clue to your age. :colourful: :wink:
PS are you with our Zeders
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

Alex L wrote:Had a full tonneau on my Westfield, never seen one for a Z3 though, how and what would it attach to? My Westfield had press studs on the dash and the body, pretty useful on a Westield. With a Z3 surely just put the roof up?

Roof ? Roof ? what is this roof you speak of? Surely this is only some sort of tent you erect when you are ferrying royalty about. Otherwise it should be stowed away in the back with a hard, thick, black rubber cover fixed over it. When it rains you just drive faster so it goes over the top of the screen. Heh,Heh,Heh!!! :lol:
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

mich wrote:Hi Kruisn,

Tonneau covers would be very useful, and to-day could be made out of modern materials so as to be compact, my one gripe is that the hood cover (which is wrongly referred to by some as a tonneau cover) takes up so much boot space, I am sure there have been links on here recently showing Tonneau covers, By knowing what tonneau covers are you are giving a clue to your age. :colourful: :wink:
PS are you with our Zeders
OOOPS!!! err Well --!! My father told me about them??.
As Alex mentioned, fixing the cover on for driving could be the problem. I agree with your comments about the "hood cover" and the waste of space. I never use it for that reason. I will have a look around the net and see if I can come up with anything further (no luck so far).
Yep !!! with our Zders Campbells Bay.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
jamdcam

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by jamdcam »

Try this website, it's the only one that I have ever seen.

[/url]http://64.225.94.154/ShopSite/page3.html[url]

Probably not exactly what you are looking for

James[/url]
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

kruisn,

Only problem keeping the roof down all the time is that the screen gets knackered, unless of course you unzip it and leave it at home.

The previous owner of my ///M left the hood down all the time, as a result the hood could do with being replaced and the rear screen has a cloudy thick line through the middle of it.
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

Thanks for the advice friends.

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and GR8 driving.
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

mich wrote:Hi Kruisn,

I am sure there have been links on here recently showing Tonneau covers
try hms motorsport
http://www.mz3.net/articles/167.html
and auco
http://www.auco.de/produkte.php?ids=3.22&bez=BMW.BMW+Z3
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.