Z4 3.0 Bi-Fuel Petrol/LPG

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z4 roadster and Z4 Coupe
Zim

M roadster S52

Z4 3.0 Bi-Fuel Petrol/LPG

Post by Zim »

saw one of these on a site over the weekend, but cant seem to find out any more information about it? does anyone have any experience with these? what is the performance like etc..

/Z
indizee

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by indizee »

I dont know Zim, but i picked my Z up yesterday, and I'm thinking of doing LPG. Performance is reduced very slightly, but pretty unnoticeable...apparently. They do say that fuel consumption equivalent is 10-15% less than on petrol.
I have researched it as I was meant to get a XK8 but got a Z instead. And happy that I did. Wife has a MG ZT-T V6 which I want to LPG to give her some instant fuel savings=money in her pocket.
It is DIYable, I have a few LPG providers willing to check and certify my installation. I have my local garage ready to do the drilling and tapping of the manifold(so i dont muck it up) for £50.
Only obstacle I have (as i was expecting to get a XK8) is fitting the toroidal in place of the space saver (external underslung issues(resolveable)) :)