Cleaning the inside of the windscreen

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

Cleaning the inside of the windscreen

Post by z3ddie »

Been meaning to ask this for ages - any tips out there as it is a b.gg.r to reach the bottom of the screen above the dash
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Cleaning the inside of the windscreen

Post by Titan »

z3ddie wrote:Been meaning to ask this for ages - any tips out there as it is a b.gg.r to reach the bottom of the screen above the dash
It's no more difficult than standing on your head in the driver's footwell to lubricate the clutch bushing................ :twisted:

I find it easiest to clean it from the opposite side - ie sit on the right and do the LHS etc.
Image :devil:
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Rag and a stick. Job jobbed.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Tufarlian

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Tufarlian »

It's no more difficult than standing on your head in the driver's footwell to lubricate the clutch bushing........
Where I come from that used to be known as the Lotus position!
Upside down on the driver's seat, head in the footwell, trying to get that bl**dy throttle linkage to work again.
LOTUS = Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious.
Thankfully I managed to survive with less serious (but quite regular) "trouble".
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

estocks wrote:Rag and a stick. Job jobbed.
I thought it was only us Yorkshire folk that had short arms ?
Image :devil:
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

Drop the roof, stand at side of car and lean and clean.