BMW Car Club

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

BMW Car Club

Post by freds dad »

Ive had a look round their site and I am thinking of joining. Is it worth the joining fee of £45 and are any of you helpful lots members and do you think you get value for money?
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Lots of benefits/discounts available. If you've been to the site then you can see the benefits for your self. You get discount on parts from dealers, etc etc.
There are a fair few members on this site.
I am bias of course so I'd better come clean now :) :)
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Bmwcc

Post by Mike Fishwick »

Like any club, the more you put into it the more you will get out of it.

The magazine often has a good Z3 content, and has improved a lot over the last few years.

Local events are usually poorly supported, but people such as Phil are undeterred, and keep organising them.

Track days are - depending on one's budget, good value or expensive, but I guess if you want to drive on a GP circuit etc they are OK.

Even just the 10% discount most dealers gve to members is worth having - I have just bought a complete 3 litre Z3 exhaust system, and saved over £60 in the process.
MikeR
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by MikeR »

Since you are in Macclesfield perhaps you might want to see what the BMW CC has on offer by attending (with your car of course!) the event taking place at Tatton Park, Knutsford on Sunday 11th July. Watch this forum to see the posts which go up as the event approaches.

MikeR
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Although the fee is £45 which is good value for money, considering all the dicounts that you can get. If you ring the club direct on 01225 709009 and join by direct debit you can get it for £35. :D
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Joining Fee

Post by Mike Fishwick »

Don't forget the once-only £10 joining fee, whic will take a DD memberhsip back to £45 for the initial year.

The NW Region is one of the most active parts of the BMWCC, so you hsould have a good time.
Topaz Z3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Topaz Z3 »

FD,

I think it is worth joining, good social gathering once a month to meet with other BMW enthusiasts with different models.

There are also car shows, exhibitions, cruises, pub meets etc. Do as much as you are able. I have found the majority to be helpful.

The 'Straight Six' BMW Car Club magazine is a cracker and some people pay the £45 just for that.

My local BMW parts dealer have always gone out of there way to be helpful and apply what dicount they can.

For the Zeds, Phil does a cracking job organising meets / events for members to attend.

I attended a couple of car exhibition meets to meet up with others first before I joined. Worth you getting hold of Striaight Six to see what all the regions are organising. You can also check out the following:

http://www.bmwcarclubgb.co.uk/

http://www.bmwcarclubforum.co.uk/forum/default.asp?C=2

Regards Dave. :)
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi
I've just joined the club tonight. There is a meet local to me so I may pop along. The magazine also sounds pretty good and if you can discount on parts the membership fee may well pay for itself.

Regards
Orinoco
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Well done James
Welcome to the club
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Meets

Post by Mike Fishwick »

When you go to a meet, don't stand in the background waiting to be noticed - go over and introduce yourself. People who lurk around, then go home disappointed because no-one spoke to them don't really help themselves.
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi
I'm a member of a few car clubs so I know the drill but its a valid point and a good pointer for new people to a club.

Regards
Orinoco
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will go along to Tatton in July. Do you have to book a place or is it a just turn up job?
MikeR
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by MikeR »

Just turn up. But why not watch out for this topic to find out if a convoy is being organised. We had 15+ Zeds, I think last year, all meeting up at Booths Supermarket in Knutsford for a short drive to the park. In all we had over 20 Zeds on the day.
MikeR