Steel Grey S54 on Pistonheads!!!!

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Bob Hoskins

Z4 M roadster

Steel Grey S54 on Pistonheads!!!!

Post by Bob Hoskins »

One of only 3 ever made apparently, I would have definitely bought it if I hadn't just bought a Z4m :head:

Must be worth a serious look, especially as it includes a hardtop and spare set of wheels.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1902686.htm
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

fingers crossed i get 6 numbers this saturday. seems a good price for such a rare car, poor right up though ! :puzzle:

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Nice spec and price, shame about that horrible interior!!
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Seller must be or have been on this forum coz those numbers ain't common knowledge.

Lovely outside colour (and I hate silvers) but for me, that interior grey is just :shake: :shake: :shake:

Hope the car gets snapped up by an enthusiast from this forum.... 8-)

A.
Diamondj

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Diamondj »

I bet that car has got a shed load of miles on it, it just has the ''feel'' of a car that's been ''used''; interior is nasty, what it needs is some deep blood red/black seats and and blood red leather fascia replacements, some schnitzer pedals/handbrake handle and a short shift gear knob, jonttt's Breytons and a red hood, that's what i think anyway :)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Yep, one of only 3 greys, a rare car indeed :wink: :

x3 Steel Grey (kiwi/black; grey/black; red/black)

I quite like the interior with the grey :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

I like the exterior, however, not keen on the interior colour. If I was looking to purchase I would like to see close up pic's of the arches as this Zed may have been used for long trips along the Devon coast and may well be showing some signs of sand blasting.

I would have given the mat and foot well a good clean before taking pic's, it's all about presentation. :wink:

Good price and rare colour. 8-)
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Just checked my copy of the S54 register and this car is not on it, so we don't have a VIN to allocate it its rightful place on the spreadsheet!

Can anyone tell if the interior colour is the usual grey/black that we know, or is it a lighter grey?

A.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

IIRC this particular car was up for sale not that long ago and I didn't like the grey interior much then either.

IMO the best interior combination with steel grey is imola red, but that one is very definitely taken. :wink:

Edit: One thread is here - no pics though. :(

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Alfie wrote:Just checked my copy of the S54 register and this car is not on it, so we don't have a VIN to allocate it its rightful place on the spreadsheet!

Can anyone tell if the interior colour is the usual grey/black that we know, or is it a lighter grey?

A.
Alfie, from the BMW confirmation it must be the standard grey one ?

"x3 Steel Grey (kiwi/black; grey/black; red/black)"
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Rob... Yeah, I remember that now. Thanks.

Jon.... As you say, I'm sure there is only one shade of grey/black interior, but it looks much lighter in that ad. Just the digi photos I guess.

A.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Looks great to me and with 54k hardly a shed load of miles :roll: :roll:

Would be on my radar if local, love the colour combo 8-) and not so common.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Diamondj

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Diamondj »

TitanTim wrote:Looks great to me and with 54k hardly a shed load of miles :roll: :roll:

Would be on my radar if local, love the colour combo 8-) and not so common.

Tim.
Missed the bit at the top with the mileage, 54k is not much at all, it just looked like the car had been ''well used'' , i was obviously wrong.
BenZ3-2.0

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by BenZ3-2.0 »

think the grey is alright actually.
w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by w4tkins »

Best colour for a zed IMHO :D

If I could find the cash (or just sell her audi) I wont love to buy it and have a matching pair, then reality kicks on :cry:
Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
Rob Tan wrote: The Z3. Purely medicinal.
TREGZY wrote:''Ive seen the way you drive.....you got a heavy foot''
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Mmmmmmmmm definitely the best colour. Seats are okay but mine are much nicer.

It is the one that was on Pistonheads about 18th months ago. I remember the registration number. A friend did one of those text checks on it and it was clear at the time. No VIN available as it was a cheap check but the engine number was 61332627 and registered 18th January 2002.

Someone ought to snap that car up and pick up some secondhand imola/black seats and change them.

I've seen red and black seats up for sale on a number of occasions so it is not impossible ;-)

Hope Sharky's bro/sister goes to someone on this forum!

Cheers P ;-)
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
bugsy

M roadster S50

Post by bugsy »

I've got this interior and the grey isn't that grey. Its the flash of the camera that really makes the grey stand out.

If you saw it in normal light, it's very one of the best combinations. 8-)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

You can't say that without posting pics :D
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I nearly bought an Imola Coupe with Grey/Black, looks ok.

I think it's good value for money. I'd buy it but do I really need two S54's ? :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
NorwegianBlue
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by NorwegianBlue »

Hi Guys, Just got back from hols and saw this post. I do have this car on the register, so it's one of the three.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

How come your always on holiday when an S54 gets posted up :D
Bieldside

M roadster S50

Z3m

Post by Bieldside »

I thought about buying this one but recall offering £10250 when it was last on P Heads and that was accepted

Asked for more pics and saw that the wheels were all kerbed and the bumper was in need of repair - made me think that it was unloved so I left it alone

Now up at £12950 so thats not a bad profit if the price I offered was the price it sold at

But the grey/black is not for me either . Has to be black/red
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

I assumed this was the same seller re advertising but maybe not.

I don't think that curbed wheels and some daily drive marks should put people off so long as reflected in the price. Means its not a "pampered" car but does not mean its been abused ?
Bieldside

M roadster S50

Z3 //M Roadster

Post by Bieldside »

No this was when it was owned by previous owner in Bristol. Agree that problems re wheels and scuffs are OK but I always feel that that indicates that the car is neglected. Totally personal view

I have spoken to the current owner who has "fixed" the car so its now in good shape

But the grey/black is a bit dull in my opinion so I decided against it

A balck with black/red with turn up or the current imola red advertised at £10950 needs to drop to make it attractive
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

The Imola red was looked at by someone from the forum and "has a few issues" ie is not in as good condition as the pictures imply :wink:

The is no "set price" price with Z3m's a the moment with so many very low mileage S50's being advertised at c£14-£15k but not shifting (ie "speculative" sellers who are not that bothered about selling but advertising anyway). I think these are falsly inflating others expectations for higher mileage cars ?

This makes it an even "greyer" area how the S54's fit into the price structure.

Personally I like the grey interior (not as "bright" as the red which does put some people off but not as "sombre" as the all black). I think its one of those you should see in the flesh as cheap flash cameras often mislead ?

I don't think the price is far off for a lowish mileage S54 (one of only 3 greys) if its got documented history. The seller has left some room for "negotiation" I think but nothing wrong with that.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Z3 //M Roadster

Post by Gazza »

Bieldside wrote:Agree that problems re wheels and scuffs are OK but I always feel that that indicates that the car is neglected. Totally personal view
Mine has kerbed wheels and body scuffs/dents, just unfortunate accidents and not neglect.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Bieldside

M roadster S50

Z3 //M Roadster

Post by Bieldside »

No offence meant to those with kerbed alloys !

You need to see my wife's car which is dented through no fault of her own but is left parked where cars park all day long in and out

Door dented/front scraped/ bonnet scratched/ wheel kerbed when forced into the side

But rather than travel 100s of miles I make that judgement about cars
- rightly or wrongly

Has always worked so far as I have bought "blind" on the basis of trust and the car turns up miles adrift from the promised excellent condition (only twice thats happened)
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

Just seen this advertised on PH and can't believe it's still for sale after all this time and thats just going from when this thread started in July 2010 :shock:

Damn. Damn. Damn If only I had the dosh :head:

To me it's the next best colour after the Mora and I'm never going to find a Mora ///M lol 8-)
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Yup seconded, this car should have long gone...steel grey against a black & red interior would be an awesome color combo, all you'd have to do is factor in say £800 for a retrim or source some seats..
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi